Problem Changing domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtyler7807

Reaction score
I have a problem chaging the domain name of my site. I went 3 days ago and got my new domain name setup. I use the, ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, naming servers. Came back and tried updating my name here and I get a error "Error Code: C085843B". Right now I am using one of you'll shared domain names. You help would be great.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello have you tried to park your domain in cPanel?

mtyler7807

Reaction score
tried it. Remove the prior domain and tried to add the new one and this is what it said.

Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: compdoctoronline.com is already configured.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you want to park that domain (so you can access the site by either compdoctoronline.com OR compdoctoronline.x10hosting.com ) or do you want it to become your main domain name ( ie, give up compdoctoronline.x10hosting.com ) ?

mtyler7807

Reaction score
I want to make it my main domain and give up compdoctoronline.x10hosting.com

I had the domain www.compdoctoronline.org and then www.compdoctoronline.com became available. At first I was using a redirect on mydomain.com to send the .com to the .org and now my .org is up for renewal and I am going to let it go and just use the .com. I turn off all the redirects and updated the naming servers 4 days ago.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The system sometimes swallows a domain name and refuses to spit it out. So when you try to add it as a parked/addon or switch your main domain to it, the system says it is in use.

It has to be manually adjusted by a Staff.

They work from oldest posts to newest.

Every time you bump the thread, you go to the end of the line.

Please be patient.

They will make compdoctoronline.com your main domain.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have resolved this, please re-add the domain now it'll work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.