Problem with emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bovril

Reaction score
Hi,

I've noticed a problem today, and I wonder if you could shed any light on it?

I have a contact form on my website that uses PHP to send an email to me.
It's been working perfectly, and I haven't made any changes, but I noticed today that I haven't received any emails since 3rd August. So I sent a few test emails and none of them have gotten through.

I then changed the email address in the PHP code (in case it was a problem with my email account) and tried more tests - still nothing.

I've changed it back now, and it still doesn't work, but other than that I've made no changes since it was last working.

My webpage still returns a message saying that the message has been submitted, but it's all lies! Is something wrong at the server end?

If you want to try it out, the contact form is here:
http://www.leagueofmentalmen.co.uk/pages/contact/contact.html

Thanks,

Mark

bovril

Reaction score
Well, I've made no changes whatsoever, but it seems to be working now.

If you changed something, thanks!

And if not, who knows? As long as it works, I'm not worrying :)

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
In the future if something like this happens, you can log into your webmail via cPanel and select one of the programs listed to see your site's mail. If your emails got bounced for whatever reason (such as your IP being blacklisted since free sites all share the same IP, so if one person abuses email, it could temporarily take down email for everyone else until x10 gets the blacklist entry removed), they will be shown in your inbox with a reason why it got bounced, and usually a link to a place with more information.

dlukin

Reaction score
In the future if something like this happens, you can log into your webmail via cPanel and select one of the programs listed to see your site's mail. If your emails got bounced for whatever reason (such as your IP being blacklisted since free sites all share the same IP, so if one person abuses email, it could temporarily take down email for everyone else until x10 gets the blacklist entry removed), they will be shown in your inbox with a reason why it got bounced, and usually a link to a place with more information.

Nice idea, if webmail worked.
Horde still throws a fatal error.
RoundCube finally loads.
But neither RoundCube or SquirrelMail can find the "inbox". That is, mails have arrived but neither reads the "new" folder.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, we're aware of the issues with webmail and are working to resolve them sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.