Problem with GeekLog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenzoar

Reaction score
I am using the GeekLog Weblog application, but there appears to be a problem with the alignment of the site.

When the site is viewed using mozilla firefox, the site is perfectly fine, aligned to the left.

However, when the site is viewed using internet explorer, everything is centre-aligned , for some reason.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. The site index is also index.php and not index.html. I am only familiar with html, so do not know how this problem could be resolved.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like GeekLog supports themes, so there's something in the theme files (a "text-align" directive in a CSS file, an "align" attribute or center tag [though I hope it's set in a style sheet]) causing. Ask for help on one of GeekLog's forums. Make sure you state which version of GeekLog and which theme you're using. Post a URL if you can, or say why you're not.

PHP is handled server side. When the browser handles the page, it's just HTML and CSS.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The theme for geeklog should contain a line in the body{ } that says.

Code:
margin: 0px auto;

That is what centers pages. But I'm not sure. Can you provide a link to your site?

Last edited:

Avenzoar

Reaction score
thanks everyone

so far i have managed to ammend the code for ther main body of the site so it is back to left alignment. prob still remains with the blocks, i will try to fix that now.:facesjump

Status
Not open for further replies.