Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neda218

Reaction score
When i go on ym forums in my website it comes with an error saying could not connec to database. PhP error!

Can someone fix it or tell me what to do?

Coonz

Reaction score
It means what it says. Either your database isnt set up with the data for the forums or your database connection info isnt correct.... Did you manually install or use like fantastico?

JustBringIt

Reaction score
I think its a server problem they are working on. Just be patient, Cory has his hands full with this. Him and his guys are the best so it should be fixed soon. Mine is giving me the same error. If i remember right they are moving databases around. Just give it time.

Coonz

Reaction score
That wud b a problem too.. im having a couple error aswell- Internal Server Error
Plus its saying in the error log Premature end of script headers which never happened so

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I think its a server problem they are working on. Just be patient, Cory has his hands full with this. Him and his guys are the best so it should be fixed soon. Mine is giving me the same error. If i remember right they are moving databases around. Just give it time.

Quoted For Truth.

Because he's most likely correct - MySQL is up, however I KNOW I didn't erase the database, and it's not there :)

All MySQL being up means though is that Corey finished the upgrade on the system - doesn't actually mean he's done moving the databases back to where they originally belonged.

Just have faith, they'll fix it as quickly as they can without causing the servers (or their heads) to implode from stress :)

@vibelasalle: Minor problem: MySQL isn't down; thats not what the problem is. The problem is actually that, if you check your cPanel, the database doesn't exist - MySQL is up, but theres no databases cause they didn't finish shuffling things around yet.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Im also having the same problem, mysql says online but my site is saying cannot connect to database, corey finished moving the db's last night and my site was working then but now its not so either there is a problem or he is changing things around a bit more, im sure he will resolve the problem soon so just wait, the service here is second to none so dont worry guys youre in good hands! :cool:

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, the problem with being unable to connect to database and such, if you are on the stoli server, this is because there is a MySQL migration going on, they are transfering 5GB of MySQL databases to a new server, this may take quite a while to get running properly, be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.