Problems on CSS loading for xo4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
probably I am not putting the filed for the specific CMS in the right folder...

eupx10ho

Reaction score
problem is.. I don't have a SSH in the free hosting... :eek:
can launch only from browser as quick scan... results not clear...

caftpx10

Reaction score
Well, that's ironic. Considering that CF should be saving resources. (Already having issues with CF on a site outside this host.)
While I was away, I began thinking about what I've seen and how the scanner would work, I then realized that the scanner can be fairly heavy on resources (potentially triggering the high resource page) as it's looking in multiple directories and from the looks of the screenshot provided on the page, outside.

If the script is requiring you to change file permissions, then you should be able to do this either via file manager (cPanel) or via FTP client (which was said that the FTP accounts were removed, so that would be redundant).

eupx10ho

Reaction score
well, now we are officially DEAD.. I can understand the resources, but then it means I cannot test my website here... :shifty:
we will seriosuly think about moving, cannot go on like this...

caftpx10

Reaction score
It does say that the message would be removed after an hour. Hopefully, someone can lift this more early.
What did you mean that the results weren't clear? Do you mean that it has found some malicious files/code or it's hard to understand? You could probably put up the results here once you've gained access.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
well, dear administrators, thanks for getting it back.. now... I would like to relaunch the scanner. Can I do it or not? Please let me know.. bringing down the website again would not make any sense.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
It does say that the message would be removed after an hour. Hopefully, someone can lift this more early.
What did you mean that the results weren't clear? Do you mean that it has found some malicious files/code or it's hard to understand? You could probably put up the results here once you've gained access.

no I was doing it wrong, that's why it was so fast.. when I got it right, that's where the cloudflare timeout kicked in.. so used the x10 direct server and that's where the high resource usage arrived..

eupx10ho

Reaction score
well, dear administrators, thanks for getting it back.. now... I would like to relaunch the scanner. Can I do it or not? Please let me know.. bringing down the website again would not make any sense.
I will wait for an answer, don't want to piss off anyone...

eupx10ho

Reaction score
anyone has any idea why the original x10host would behave better than the parked domain??
I tried now and the x10host lose the CSS much rarely than the parked domain... funny thing is that the parked domain now is handled by cloudflare :rolleyes:... nice service

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Ok... does anyone can suggest how to launch the scan locally in the case I download the entire website locally? Please only windows options...

caftpx10

Reaction score
You'll need to set up a web server on your PC such as WAMP and store the site files into the web directory. If your site uses MySQL, then I would just run the scanner and not visit the site that is being scanned.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi eupx10ho,

Just to lead on from what caftpx10, please can I suggest that you also take the following precautions.
  • Ensure your Joomla installation and plugins are up-to-date. Currently, it appears you are running an out-of-date version of Joomla, and many recent updates include vital security fixes.
  • Change your Joomla password.
  • Change your x10Hosting account password, and the credentials for any additional FTP accounts.
  • Ensure no other files have been compromised.
Thank you,

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Hi eupx10ho,

Just to lead on from what caftpx10, please can I suggest that you also take the following precautions.
  • Ensure your Joomla installation and plugins are up-to-date. Currently, it appears you are running an out-of-date version of Joomla, and many recent updates include vital security fixes.
  • Change your Joomla password.
  • Change your x10Hosting account password, and the credentials for any additional FTP accounts.
  • Ensure no other files have been compromised.
Thank you,

Hello,
thank you for the hints. We actually have the latest version of Joomla installed, bot sure where you got otherwise.
In order to ensure that I had no other files compromised I was running a scan, but I hit your high resource usage and the website went down. Now if I try to run the scan I get this:
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 16409836

So, only option would be doing it locally, that's why I asked, but it's much more work. Could you help us on this, so that I can run once the scanner on the website directly?
thanks

eupx10ho

Reaction score
OK, managed to do it locally. It's probably a good idea anyway to have a check at everything locally.
thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.