Problems on CSS loading for xo4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Hello,
could you please let us know if going Prime would solve this issue? How many Entry processes do you allocate for the Prime service?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Honestly, if the cause of the issue is going to max out the entry processes, then it's bound to still hit the limit even after upgrade. What really needs to be done is to kill off what is causing it.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Hello,

I have more info for an investigation. We moved the website from xo6 to x04 but while moving we received this message:

Your original site server's PHP version was 5.4.39 and your current PHP version is 5.5.23.

This means that we developed on PHP 5.45.23 but we brought it to x04 with 5.4.39 and this might cause issues. I am wondering why the 2 servers have different PHP... can we upgrade by ourselves?

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Ok, we cleaned all potential issues from the website.
We upload it from x04 (still showing issues) to x06 - RESULT: NO ISSUES AT ALL ON x06.

So we'll try to put it back to x04: if we still encounter issues this means that is a x04 SERVER issue. Will keep u posted.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
OK, so the difference in php calls was not due to the website, but to the SERVERS.....

I spent 1 entire day and night for this issue, and at the end it's because X04 has not update to the latest PHP VERSION!! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

eupx10ho

Reaction score
nothing ---- still errors in loading CSS on xo4 while on xo6 everything's perfect :linkme:

At this point the 2 websites are identical.. same db same files... it does not make any sense if not something different on xo4 I have no control on... :banghead:

eupx10ho

Reaction score
moved from xo6 to x04 with same PHP configuration, still same issue.
Sorry guys, but on xo4 there is something wrong. If it continues we'll need to move production.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
what I do not understand is - why x10hosting allows you to have two (or more) accounts ?
other users (like my SOH) are suspended for that

Last edited:

eupx10ho

Reaction score
we are a team trying to have a WORKING solution.. what are we supposed to do if things are not working? We also asked if the problem would disappear by subscribing to a paying service and received no answer... but, hey man, thanks very much for your help! much appreciated, classy!

caftpx10

Reaction score
@bdistler does have a point though. Not too long ago, Corey (admin) has made it clear that having more than one account stated at https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/news.196269/ with the following
One additional note regarding the terms, we are going to start cracking down on people with multiple accounts. It has always been a rule that you're allowed a single account, unfortunately many people ignore this rule and have numerous accounts with different websites.
This means that it's highly recommended to close one, before you get caught with two, potentially getting both suspended. I believe this is to save space and maybe resources (if allocated).

Please understand that we're helping you by alerting that what is being done could end up being bad.

Off of that, have you tried starting a conversation with an active volunteer?

eupx10ho

Reaction score
@bdistler does have a point though. Not too long ago, Corey (admin) has made it clear that having more than one account stated at https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/news.196269/ with the following

This means that it's highly recommended to close one, before you get caught with two, potentially getting both suspended. I believe this is to save space and maybe resources (if allocated).

Please understand that we're helping you by alerting that what is being done could end up being bad.

Off of that, have you tried starting a conversation with an active volunteer?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I just implied it but not communicated.. we are a company, therefore we are working on this as a team and different individuals.. It means 1 account - 1 individual... I am sorry but I don't see the point because I don't think by doing this we are breaking the rule:

1 person - 1 account and moreover SAME WEBSITE.

And because it's the same website it's obvious we don't have any other intention rather than trying to get around this issue we have...

At the same time we realized it does not make any sense to continue with this kind of service any longer (both from a technical point of view and support wise), therefore we contacted the Premium team to come back to us.

this being said, it's obvious there are evident issues on these free servers, so we might even discuss the fact of why offering a free service if then you cut resources so much that your website (even light ones) experience continuous lack of service... but that's another story..

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Hope someone from Premium will come back ASAP because we have already spent too much time on this.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
Honestly, if the cause of the issue is going to max out the entry processes, then it's bound to still hit the limit even after upgrade. What really needs to be done is to kill off what is causing it.

I did not reply to you... but here we are talking about merely 5 entry processes....

caftpx10

Reaction score
I do remember that multiple people were allowed to access cPanel, though it's unclear if they do allow this.
Free hosting is used by many users, which does explain the limits that are put in place and why there's some extra security.

Anyway, I hope you do enjoy X10Premium (when you manage to jump in), as it's something completely different and fresh. :)

eupx10ho

Reaction score
I do remember that multiple people were allowed to access cPanel, though it's unclear if they do allow this.
Free hosting is used by many users, which does explain the limits that are put in place and why there's some extra security.

Anyway, I hope you do enjoy X10Premium (when you manage to jump in), as it's something completely different and fresh. :)
hope so as well ! *fingers crossed*

caftpx10

Reaction score
I've saw your post questioning if this was some strategy to get people to migrate to paid I would like to say that this isn't done to get you to pay. As I've said, there's a lot of users, so there has to be boundaries so that more people can use the server with least issues as possible, or at least have it running smooth.
I'm not going to say what the free hosting expects from a site just in case I get it wrong, but what I will say that it shouldn't end up being a bit heavy.

As for the support, most are volunteers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they come on later on (and I really appreciate that). I have noticed that some would have a look at threads who need support and would come off that without helping at that time, perhaps they're just looking around as they're unable to access accounts at the time, not enough time, unable to perfom certain tasks, or some other reasons. I really don't know.

eupx10ho

Reaction score
I've saw your post questioning if this was some strategy to get people to migrate to paid I would like to say that this isn't done to get you to pay. As I've said, there's a lot of users, so there has to be boundaries so that more people can use the server with least issues as possible, or at least have it running smooth.
I'm not going to say what the free hosting expects from a site just in case I get it wrong, but what I will say that it shouldn't end up being a bit heavy.

As for the support, most are volunteers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they come on later on (and I really appreciate that). I have noticed that some would have a look at threads who need support and would come off that without helping at that time, perhaps they're just looking around as they're unable to access accounts at the time, not enough time, unable to perfom certain tasks, or some other reasons. I really don't know.
Hi - no worries - we already decided to make the investment.

Nevertheless - no one was able to explain why the 2 servers behave differently with the same website (same files - same DB).
And working on IT, this is the kind of things I always need to get an answer, I don't like guess work :)

caftpx10

Reaction score
Hi - no worries - we already decided to make the investment.

Nevertheless - no one was able to explain why the 2 servers behave differently with the same website (same files - same DB).
And working on IT, this is the kind of things I always need to get an answer, I don't like guess work :)
The servers are computers, so there's bound to be some differences (especially the resources used and the amount of accounts). An example would be that xo2 doesn't have the Paper Lantern theme (cPanel) but xo5 does.
I myself don't know why they're not applying the changes they do to one server to the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.