Problems with custom domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbitalx

Reaction score
I setup my domain name and pointed my name serves to the appropriate place. X10 verified and the domain was setup.

I uploaded my files to the public_html directory.

I see the files in on X10's subdomain, but not my actual domain. All I get is a blank directory from the domain. Any ideas? Is this a common thing?

The domain is orbitalinfo.com and the x10 domain is orbital.xhost.com

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

beautyx2

Reaction score
Oh... you are having exactly the same problem that I'm having with my bodyredemption.co.nz it just showing an empty root folder and IDK what it's showing either. :(
p.s. I made a similar thread and there are some suggestions others made... maybe you can get some ideas from them, but it hasn't solved it for me yet

orbitalx

Reaction score
Is this a common issue? Have you seen anyone else with it in the forms? I did a traceroute on both domains and they appear to be going different places. Which would make sense.
ae-4.r00.lsanca19.us.bb.gin.ntt.net vs 64.124.146.114
But why? Do I need to redirect one domain to the other?

beautyx2

Reaction score
Is this a common issue? Have you seen anyone else with it in the forms? I did a traceroute on both domains and they appear to be going different places. Which would make sense.
ae-4.r00.lsanca19.us.bb.gin.ntt.net vs 64.124.146.114
But why? Do I need to redirect one domain to the other?
I'm just an amateur trying to help a friend who is a beauty therapist and neither of us have much of a clue about internet malarkey... but we are trying. I did see another tread called "Index of /" and I saw that an x10hosting support wizard seems to have fixed it for them by editing the DNS entry. I can't work out how to do that... in fact i don't think we have the right permissions... so I replied there and mentioned you too... Hopefully it is a problem that they can resolve for us as well.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I'm just an amateur trying to help a friend who is a beauty therapist and neither of us have much of a clue about internet malarkey... but we are trying. I did see another tread called "Index of /" and I saw that an x10hosting support wizard seems to have fixed it for them by editing the DNS entry. I can't work out how to do that... in fact i don't think we have the right permissions... so I replied there and mentioned you too... Hopefully it is a problem that they can resolve for us as well.
You will have to switch to CPanelX3 if you want to fix it yourself, the problem is that the panel switcher is bugged so you can't switch to CPanelX3 (as far as I know), a staff member can help set the CPanelX3 option manually.

beautyx2

Reaction score
You will have to switch to CPanelX3 if you want to fix it yourself, the problem is that the panel switcher is bugged so you can't switch to CPanelX3 (as far as I know), a staff member can help set the CPanelX3 option manually.
Oh dear... Stephanie won't be very happy with me... but imma go back to bed... it's 4:14 am here and IDK what else to try. Thanks for the suggestions so far... it's all good experience one way or the other ;)

caftpx10

Reaction score
Oh dear... Stephanie won't be very happy with me... but imma go back to bed... it's 4:14 am here and IDK what else to try. Thanks for the suggestions so far... it's all good experience one way or the other ;)
It's not your fault so hopefully that won't happen. :)
@leafypiggy

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi orbitalx,

Sorry about that. The issue was affecting newly-created parked domains on xo5, and this should now be resolved. :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.