problems with my isp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokhan214

Reaction score
Hello Dear author, there is a problem with using outgoing mail server on the desktop mailing softwares such as outlook,thunderbird, e.t.c because of the only isp of my country blocked the port 25 26 for it and they opened port 587 as a security solutions against the spam mails, is it possible to make any change at your end because the php mails are not allowed on the server either so that is a kinda pain in the a..... :D

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
No other ports than the default ones will be enabled on free hosting servers. This is both for security and as a business decision.

gokhan214

Reaction score
well, thank you guys but what is the point of having an host account as long as the smtp doesnt work, it isnt a pain to spend some cents as much as not being able to connect with the visitors of my website

gokhan214

Reaction score
but i have to be honest as well

there are many hosting companies,which cant give even the half of your quality even the thought they are not doing it for free :)) fast, perfect immediatly support and a lot more here, so I better be honest about all these stuffs

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
There could be an alternative. If you set up GMail or Google Apps as your SMTP email provider for the account, you will be able to access your emails even if your ISP blocked port 25. Take a look at http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=51.

And I am happy that you like our service.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like a "catch 22" thing here.
OP's ISP changed port settings in an effort to control spam. Something we can all relate to and appreciate.
On the other hand, hosting companies like x10 are concerned about some users abusing the free servers, (and some lower priced paid servers), so they implement policies designed to prevent some of that abuse.
Then along comes somebody like Gokhan214 who gets caught in the middle.

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
Catch 22, what is that?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Catch 22, what is that?

An old expression used to describe a problem with no clear solution. Guess I should have said that in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.