Problems with my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

theengli

Reaction score
Hello,

I run moodle on http://theenglishcorner.x10.mx/

Whenever I try to edit some page, I get this message on top of the page:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/gs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/theengli/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear/:/dev/urandom:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/php72/lib/php/) in /home/theengli/domains/theenglishcorner.x10.mx/public_html/mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/classes/pdf.php on line 581

Still I edit the page and press 'Save', but instead of going back to the course page automatically as before, I get another page with the following message:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/gs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/theengli/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear/:/dev/urandom:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/php72/lib/php/) in /home/theengli/domains/theenglishcorner.x10.mx/public_html/mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/classes/pdf.php on line 581
Skip to main content
×This page should automatically redirect. If nothing is happening please use the continue link below.
(Continue)
Error output, so disabling automatic redirect.

When I press 'Continue', I go back to the course page, and everything seems to be working just fine; yet, I'm worried that something could be off with the site, and it may break down.

What do those messages mean and what can I do to sort it out?

theengli

Reaction score
Oh, and I've just found out I can't log into my DirectAdmin cpanel again. This is the message I get:

Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.
An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

theengli

Reaction score
Last time I had this problem with cpanel, I lost some changes on my website (some courses I created the day before) after it was fixed, but I created them again.
Is it possible that all the changes I've made since Tuesady will be lost again?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt know since I don't know what happened last time to cause them to disappear, but if the error causes problems actually writing the data to the correct storage it could very well be the same now.

As for the error, it is possible that moodle would prefer running on a different php version, but you'd have t check their recommendations. You are currently on version 7.2, which all accounts were automatically placed on with the migrations, but one of the older may work better for your version of moodle.

The login error seem to be widespread, there are a few reports so far, and I have alerted the coder of that page about it.

theengli

Reaction score
I wouldnt know since I don't know what happened last time to cause them to disappear
I think I made some changes right before the migration of my account due to that post https://x10hosting.com/community/th...dmin-cpanel-no-statistics.207325/#post-976040
and the backup (?) which was used had been done before those changes. My bad, I should have waited for the account to be fixed instead of rushing to change anything on the website. But now I'm afraid that if the account is fixed again, that old backup will be used again, and all the new data will be lost. Or does it work differently?
As for the error, it is possible that moodle would prefer running on a different php version, but you'd have t check their recommendations. You are currently on version 7.2, which all accounts were automatically placed on with the migrations, but one of the older may work better for your version of moodle.
On your earlier advice from here https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/can-access-neither-cpanel-nor-website.207344/ I switched to 7.0. Maybe it switched back somehow, but I don't know because there's no access to the cpanel.
The login error seem to be widespread, there are a few reports so far, and I have alerted the coder of that page about it.
Maybe when this problem is solved, the others will also go away?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I made some changes right before the migration of my account due to that post https://x10hosting.com/community/th...dmin-cpanel-no-statistics.207325/#post-976040
and the backup (?) which was used had been done before those changes. My bad, I should have waited for the account to be fixed instead of rushing to change anything on the website. But now I'm afraid that if the account is fixed again, that old backup will be used again, and all the new data will be lost. Or does it work differently?
In that case we simply took the account backup from the old cPanel server and reapplied that backup to the new server so that would have been why it was reverted to the state of that backup. The current login issues is NOT related to a specific account but rather a server error which has been identified so there would be no reason to re-apply a backup.

On your earlier advice from here https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/can-access-neither-cpanel-nor-website.207344/ I switched to 7.0. Maybe it switched back somehow, but I don't know because there's no access to the cpanel.
I didn't actually check on your account what version you are on, but I concluded that you had that from parts of the error you got.

Maybe when this problem is solved, the others will also go away?
The login error would have absolutely nothing to do with the issues on your site, it is a part of the backend system that was the cause of that.

theengli

Reaction score
The login error would have absolutely nothing to do with the issues on your site, it is a part of the backend system that was the cause of that.
I made such an assumption because Tuesaday to Thursday I also edited some pages and didn't experience anything unusual. It started only today.But perhaps it's just a mere coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.