Problems with WordPress-based site

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwr2smrk

Reaction score
This was initially meant for just one issue, but it seems I have a couple of problems going on.

My URL: http://powertothesmarks.com
  • Every post comes up with the following error when you click the link to the post (but as you can see using my current theme, the content of the post is still there):
    • 404 Not Found
      The resource requested could not be found on this server!Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
      LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!
  • I can't change the cover image on my DW Timeline theme. Under "Customize" there is an option to change the background image on the top part, called the cover image. However, when I go to change it, nothing seems to happen...at least, nothing changes on the customize setting. However, the image itself gets uploaded to the library.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, because right now I have no clue what's wrong.

monarcht

Reaction score
Can post exactly where on the url the posts are suppose to be, like which area? Otherwise, here is the advice I can provide:

For the cover image, perhaps where you are getting the image from is why nothing is changing, if you see it in that same folder, perhaps you have two copies of the image. All you have to do is redirect the link for the image to the image in the library.
A 404 error is usually a destination error where what you posted cannot be found. Perhaps the post is composed of multiple parts, and only the post can be found while another piece is either not there, or in the wrong place.
Also you should consider cleaning up your div pieces a bit, you have 4 divs nested within each other in a large div, and there is no other content besides the divs.

Hope this helps a little.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The 404 error is because of your permalinks/SEO friendly urls.

As for the other issue... I'm not sure that is an issue with the server, but rather with the theme or script.

pwr2smrk

Reaction score
The 404 error is because of your permalinks/SEO friendly urls.

As for the other issue... I'm not sure that is an issue with the server, but rather with the theme or script.
Thank you! They recently released an updated version of the theme, and that fixed that issue. I will go and fix whatever is needed for the permalinks. Thanks so much!

EDIT: Fixed the permalinks, everything's working properly again. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.