Progress on Email Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropic22

Reaction score
Well, ive messed around with the mail thing, and so far ive been able to get mail from my forum via mail being sent to me from members directly, and from my site contact form.
I just set up the email account in the CPanel using the email address assigned to me by the software installer when i set that up, ie; username@sitename.x10.mx , used that as my personal contact email address on the site, and as the webmaster contact address and now that mail at least shoots right into the SquirrelMail inbox i chose as my site mail box.
Now if i could just figure out how to get the mail from my member registration form to work, i would be in Hog Heaven :lol:
On my site AdminCP is this information and im wondering if i input the correct info if my email registrations would work ?? What do you think staff ?? if so what needs to be put in those empty spaces ??

Mail type
(PHP default) SMTP ________ ?
SMTP server ________ ?
SMTP port ________ ?
SMTP username ________ ?
SMTP password ________ ?
(confirm)

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Email should be fully functional now--you can just use sendmail, you don't need SMTP.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Any Ideas ?
I would try - PHP default
###

here is a test Email PHP script that has been tested on your free-hosting server xo4 - today 09/18/2014
for the test it sent to - and I received at my Gmail account and my GoDaddy account
PHP:
<?php
// This is a 'test' script - so get all errors
// look for errors - if any - in file [ error_log ] in folder [ public_html ]
error_reporting(E_ALL);

//  test of x10hosting's free-hosting mail system using PHP mail() fuction

// You can send to more than one address like --> "myname@gmail.com, myname@hotmail.com, myname@myphone.com"
// note the commas
// replace inside the quote marks
$to_email = "TO ADDRESS";

// The [ From: ] address MUST be a valid Email address in your x10hosting's free-hosting account
$from_email = "FROM ADDRESS";

// The name of x10hostig's free-hosting server you account is on - can be xo1 or xo2 or xo3 or xo4
$the_server = "SERVER";

// ****************************//
// NO NEED TO EDIT BELOW THIS LINE //

if (($to_email == "TO ADDRESS") || ($from_email == "FROM ADDRESS"))
  {
    print "You need to set the TO: and FROM: address before you run this test script<br>\n";
    EXIT;
  }

// we send a copy to the [ From: ] address - if the pipeline is down to x10hosting's SMTP Email server
// we might get this copy in cPanel's (not x10hosting basic) Webmail
$to_email .= ", " . $from_email;

// we use a timestamp do to - what can be a long delay - sometimes days - to receive this test Email
$timestamp_server = date("D M j,Y H:i:s T",time());

$boundary = md5(uniqid(rand()));

$header = "From: " . $from_email . "\n";
$header .= "Reply-To: " . $from_email . "\n";
$header .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0'."\r\n";
$header .= "Content-type: multipart/alternative;boundary=$boundary\n";

$subject = "Email test on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ " . $the_server . " ]";

$message = "This is multipart message using MIME\n";
$message .= "--" . $boundary . "\n";
$message .= "Content-type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1\n";
$message .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit". "\n\n";
$message .= "Plain text version\n\n";
$message .="--" . $boundary . "\n";
$message .="Content-type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-1\n";
$message .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit". "\n\n";

$message .="<html>
<body>
<center>
test <b>HTML + text</b> at Server " . $the_server . " date and time = " . $timestamp_server . "
</center>
</body>
</html>\n\n";
$message .= "--" . $boundary . "--";

if(mail($to_email, $subject, $message, $header))
  {
    print'Message was accepted';
  }
  else
    {
      print'Message was <b>NOT</b> accepted';
    }

print "<br>\n<br>\nServer " . $the_server . " date and time = " . $timestamp_server;

print "<br>\n<br>\nPHP function [ mail() ] returns TRUE if the mail was successfully accepted for delivery by x10hosting's Email server - FALSE otherwise.<br>\n
Just because the mail was accepted for delivery it does NOT mean the mail will actually reach the intended destination.<br>\n
Outgoing Email is not sent from your account's IP (server) - x10hosting routes all outgoing Email to a Email server that scans the outgoing Emails to ensure no Spam gets out.<br>\n
The Email server will discard - without any notice to you - HTML Emails - or Emails with spoofed FROM headers - or Emails it 'thinks' are Spam.<br>\n
Sometimes the transfer to the Email server fails - you will not receive any notice when it fails.<br>\n
[ Apache SpamAssassin ] in your x10hosting's free-hosting account may bock it - be sure it is set to \"currently disabled\" for this test.<br>\n
The destination account(s) may block it or put in their \"Spam\" folder.<br>\n";

exit(); // to be sure we are done
?>

Last edited:

tropic22

Reaction score
:lol: Yaaaaaa, youre right, switched my registration method to email activation, registered myself as a new member with a Gmail address, and the mail beat me there, about 5 seconds from the send.
Thanks Neil, Good Work as usual. And Thanks bdistler for your input as well. Whats you email address neil, so i can send you a can of spam >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.