Promo Winner Selection Bug

infoinn

Reaction score
Hello All,

Whenever any contest ends, a script is run to find out the winner names and if i am right then the user once selected is kept out from being reselected again. But on checking winner list of last few contest i think that this bug still remain in the script which allow a person to be selected again after being selected for the first time and not claiming his/her prize. For example in the last competition

sunils: 7/Mar/2009 06:15 PM (expired)
sunils: 7/Mar/2009 09:05 AM (expired)

have been selected twice. This is not fare with other participant. Script maker should review that script so that this kind of error is avoided.

Thanks,

infoinn

gomarc

Reaction score
I didn’t know you could not be reselected. I just assumed that since the winner only has a few hours to claim the price, it was ok to be reselected.

infoinn

Reaction score
A staff or administrator should address this. Is this really a bug or this thing is allowed in the promo contest?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's happened a bunch of times. It's called a contest because ANYONE can win. It doesn't matter if the same person is picked twice. It would be a waste of an SQL query to tell the script that the user has been picked for a contest, and then delete it after the contest is over. Just stupid.

What if there was 500+ people who were drawn? The database would be overloaded.