Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The paid hosting is 99.9%.

-Corey

kemraj

Reaction score
WOW great i will talk one of these plan by the end of the year hoping wow can't wait

enixidfrag

Reaction score
what you mean by the following just for clarification

# No inactivity timers
# No account reviews

if we buy one year how much for next year?

also what are the restrictions on these accounts? like what can you run on these accounts is it same restrictions as ad based plans?

Last edited:

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
also what are the restrictions on these accounts? like what can you run on these accounts is it same restrictions as ad based plans?

I can answer that for you. If you can run it on the other 4 servers, you can run it on the Paid server. Also, there are some functions that are disabled on the other servers that are not blocked on the paid server.

# No inactivity timers

You are not forced to visit the forums every 2 weeks. You can visit the forums once a year if you wanted. At least that is what I understand from it.

# No account reviews

The Account Managers do not have access to your accounts. The only ones that can do anything to them are the Admins (maybe the Senior Staff, I am unsure). So, there is no reviews like there is on the other servers. Though, you still have to follow the ToS, the account is not regularly reviewed.

Please note that these answers are what I have observed from my time paying for this host.

Yummmy

Reaction score
It's twenty for the first year, and the years after that It's still twenty. My question is, is it gonna be taken out of my account every year? Or do I do it myself? What if I'm not interested in hosting after a year? Is there a hidden fee I have to pay? I hope someone can answer these for me soon, thank you!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
YamiKaitou is correct in his answers above.

Yummmy - It's $20 a year, it is on a subscription with Paypal but you can cancel it at anytime. There are no hidden fees, cancelation fees, or anything besides the $20 year. It will always remain $20 a year as long as you stay subscribed.

vudo0 - The same rules apply about resource usage, you could host a proxy for yourself to use but open proxies usually end up causing issues because you can't control what the people are doing. If there are issues with your account it would be suspended until we got confirmation from you that you would fix the issue.

-Corey

deadimp

Reaction score
Do you know how long this offer will last? Will you offer any more if the allotted 20 run out?
I'm asking because I'm probably not going to move into paid hosting until after December, and I would definitely like to use this service to publish Thacmus and other projects.

enixidfrag

Reaction score
Corey for the proxy you guys are worried about people trying to download through it most likely correct?

So what if in the proxy script we set it to only allow certain file types/sizes? So like it would have a 1mb restrection or something that way no one could download with it would that be ok :D

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Deadimp -- if it remains popular as we have free space and resources I'm sure we'll keep offering it.

Enixidfrag -- We are pretty much against any public proxy since they can also use our IP to do illegal activity which would get it blacklisted.

cashguy

Reaction score
Hey Cory, I just signed up for this great-sounding package. I received my payment confirmation earlier today. When will I be moved to the new server?

Edit:Sorry for posting it here; thanks for taking care of my ticket.

Last edited:

alfren

Reaction score
by the way can i ask what is the payment options inorder to pay for this package??

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Paypal, or Mail. If you want to use mail you have to contact me first as we had a ton of people signing up and picking that as their payment option thinking it was going to create their account without them paying ;)

-Corey

alfren

Reaction score
ic.... i don't have paypal account.... i only have moneybookers account...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never used moneybookers before I can check it out tomorrow.

alfren

Reaction score
moneybookers is free and much better than paypal since i can receive or send money online without a credit card.... unlike paypal you can't receive money online if your not a verified user....

CGalvan

Reaction score
We have just created a new paid package called the development package. We're gearing it towards webmasters who are developing scripts by themselves or even with a team. The best part is the price, we are offering it for only $20 a year...
-Corey

Hello Corey,

I have been trying to make this purchase since this AM. I thought at first there might be some server issue but I still can't get past the "Confirm Order > Checkout" step. I check theI keep getting "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again." message.

So step by step

1. I first click on the http://www.x10hosting.com/clients/or...?step=2&pid=13 link to get myself started.
  2. Since I want to use CarlosGalvanPhotography.com (originally hosted by DotEasy - I have already changed the DNS nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) I selected the bullet by "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain."
  3. I fill the two blank fields with "CarlosGalvanPhotography" and "com" and I click to continue.
  4. On the next ORDER page I enter my cPanel name "CGalvan". I leave PayPal selected as the payment Method and click next.
  5. I am now at the checkout area "Progress: Choose a Package > Domain Options > Configure > Confirm Order > Checkout" and since I already have this free account I select the bullet next to "I am an existing customer and wish to add this order to my account".
  6. I enter my e-mail address X10@weddingmedia.net and my Client area password and I click to continue.
This results in the "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again." message.

:nuts: Where am I screwing up?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, you want to pick new customer. The billing system is separate for everything, that is the problem :)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.