Public exe file getting deleted by background job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callanh

Reaction score
I have a exe file for download that seems to be getting automatically deleted. When I re-upload the file it will stay around for a few hours before it gets removed again.

This has only started recently so I'm wondering if x10hosting has some kind of background virus scan to clean up suspect files? Is there anything I can do to protect my file from getting deleted?

uraceele

Reaction score
You may want to check the ToS. I can't even tell you for sure that they allow .exe files or at least .exe's that aren't in a zipped folder. If you want a file like that to be downloadable, zip it first or have your upload script zip it when uploading... That would be my suggestion

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Any files above 10MB in size are automatically removed from free hosting accounts. Is this exe file above 10MB? :)

Thank you,

callanh

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the responses. The files is 16MB which now that I've read the ToS properly, is clearly the problem. I swear I had a couple of months where my file wasn't getting removed. I guess I'll find an alternative location for my self-extractor!

Status
Not open for further replies.