Pure Bull****

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrim29588

Reaction score
Pure Bull**** is all I have to say.

I had started to loose not started already lost faith in x10hosting in a week 2 to 3 days server will be down only of any reason. I am not saying that maintain the server is not important it is but it should not cause a lot of trouble to user like it has. I hardly find my website online these days and when it is I have problems with the changing the domain name or with FTP or something else. Sometime its problem with the servers are being shifted. But in short its the user who have to suffer.

I hope things will change gradually because I'm college student who don't have any option rather than being on a free host. but I had lost trust i have stopped recommending x10hosting to my friends also.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello cgrim29588,

Sorry about all this, but when its all done sometime this week (estimated Wednesday), the new servers in Chicago are much faster than they were in Dallas. I have tried many free hosts and x10 is by far the best of them all.

Corey is also making many other changes in free hosting trying to improve everyone's experience.

Before this, I experienced over 95% uptime and Corey is confident that the free servers can obtain 98% uptime after the upgrades. It'll be worth it.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Moving an entire company's data across the United States isn't a simple thing.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Bryon, you mean you can't just press a magic button and transfer many terabytes of data 1000 miles accross a country?

Damn, I thought they had those.

OP: have you even READ the news/announcements or the server status?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
That sort of language isn't going to get you anywhere.

The admins are working hard to provide this free service and all you can do is complain. I mean, it's FREE, isn't it? What is there to complain about?

~Callum

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Their terrible service and slow response to support tickets

cgrim29588 Join Date Aug 2007

Looks like you signed up 2 1/2 years ago. One would presume that you have been satisfied with your service for most of that time or you would have made a change before now. These migrations and and upgrades have been inconvenient and frustrating for everybody - including the staff and management. It appears that all of the changes are going to be completed in a few more days and we will all have greatly improved service. I think most users understand that. I truly regret that you do not understand that but do hope you will try to exercise patience for just a little while longer and see what happens.

Relax and have a really great day.

caddlykid

Reaction score
dude. i learn alot fomr x10hosting on how to use cpanel and how its works etc, and all of this is FREE. if you want to have a stable hosting company go for paid hosting. me too i dont have a job but i manage to learn alot from here.

cgrim29588

Reaction score
cgrim29588 Join Date Aug 2007

Looks like you signed up 2 1/2 years ago. One would presume that you have been satisfied with your service for most of that time or you would have made a change before now. These migrations and and upgrades have been inconvenient and frustrating for everybody - including the staff and management. It appears that all of the changes are going to be completed in a few more days and we will all have greatly improved service. I think most users understand that. I truly regret that you do not understand that but do hope you will try to exercise patience for just a little while longer and see what happens.

Relax and have a really great day.

If you haven't noticed I'm not the only one unhappy with the changes just look at this forum as well as the free hosting support forum.

Zubair: Feel free to go jump off a bridge and I know nobody is forcing me to stay.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That attitude isn't really necessary.
Anyway, if you look at this forum you will also notice that most of the people who are not happy are the ones who have blatantly failed to read any of the status updates or any of the hundreds of other identical threads. Once told what is happening or directed to the status thread, most of these people are understanding and can see that once we are through this we will have some good benefits.
Of course it is your choice whether you stay or not, but we have got through the most of it now and it is likely only going to be a few more days. If your website really is hugely vital, there are paid options that will not break your student budget.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed I'm not the only one unhappy with the changes just look at this forum as well as the free hosting support forum.

Zubair: Feel free to go jump off a bridge and I know nobody is forcing me to stay.

Just wait for migration to be done like all other members, and don`t create such pointless threads again.

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.