Putting SMF in a frame on my main site

relativ3

Reaction score
Something like planetminecraft.com has done, where they have the forum in a frame and it's all on one site. Is this possible using cPanel?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Moving to scripts/programming

Planetminecraft.com doesn't use a "frame" to have their forum. They created a custom theme that matches the rest of their website. This isn't a cPanel functionality, it's a coding functionality.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Your server is currently rebooting for a kernel upgrade, so I can't quite see the issue.. but I bet your default page is cached. Try clearing your internet browser cache and also your DNS resolver cache (You can see more about this on our wiki: http://x10hosting.com/wiki )

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
For webservers, the default index page (what loads when you load your website's root) is index.html. Renaming default.html to index.html will fix that.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem! Anything else I can help you with?

studio5

Reaction score
I'm sure you have it figured out, but just in case you can put a simple iframe on your page like this:
<iframe src="the_page_you_want.html" width="400" height="400"></iframe>
If you put this in a table or use css this works nice and if you want a link to open in it you would give the iframe a name="name"so it would look like this: <iframe name="name" src="the_page_you_want.html" width="400" height="400"></iframe>
Then you can open a link in the iframe like this <a href="new_page.html" target="name">new page</a>

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Iframes are the devil's work. Nope.

studio5

Reaction score
Nope. Iframes are the devil's work. Nope.
I think you might be talking about copyright infringement, and in that case don't do it; Leafypiggy and x10 will shun you; and
you may be sued for breach of the TOC; and
x10 may be held liable for not taking action against you (failure to mitigate) as soon as they are made aware of the infringement. (this statement is legal ed., not legal advice)
SSI maybe?
<!--#include src="your_page.html"---> and change your page to an .shtml
the problems are the extra strain on the server and you can't use a server side include as a target like you can with an iframe.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
nope nope nope.

Iframes and SSI includes are the worst thing that happened to websites. They're terrible.

studio5

Reaction score
Are you still using Midnight Commander to browse the web? :rofl:
I love frames, unfortunately they are frowned on, but they sure make the lifting easier!