Python MySQL support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meithan

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if you have MySQL Python support. I can't seem to import the MySQLdb module. I couldn't find any recent thread on this topic, and I really need MySQL access from within my Python code.
Thanks a lot.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Python is not supported, period.

If your Python scripts run at all currently, there is no guarantee that they will run in the future.

meithan

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know. Thanks for the answer. Is Python / MySQLdb supported in the premium service? I'd consider upgrading my account if they were.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @meithan

Python is supported on our premium plans, however please note that WSGI scripts will not work. That is, your account can run python scripts, however python scripts won't be able to deamonize themselves and run as a service on any port. If you wanted to write your website in Python with Django, flask, etc, you would need a VPS. :)

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

meithan

Reaction score
All I need is the server to run Python CGI scripts when a user requests a webpage, and send the output as the requested page. I'm not familiar with Django. Is the MySQLdb module available to Python scripts in the premium plans?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @meithan

I'm not 100% sure if we can support MySQLdb, as that's a third party extension, however we do support SQLite3. And you can indeed run it in the browser (if you make it executable, and add a handler for it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.