Question about Service

cenobite321

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to build a site specifically to manage some files for a big project, it's not only me who is going to access the site, but also the entire team. The site management is aimed to be private and only the team members can upload files. There is also a guest account, given to selected people, that can only download the files. This site will also have an area of project administration (e.g. groupware) where project's tasks and roles will be managed.

I would like to know if this site is permitted in the premium hosting service or if you could recommend me another service that supports this.

Thank you.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the software have any special requirements?

cenobite321

Reaction score
Not really, non other than PHP and MySQL.

I asked this to know if it was allowed to host the project files on a premium service since as I read in the TOS file hosting is forbidden, but I don't know if you are referring only to personal storage and/or massive file hosting only service (e.g. Megaupload, Rapidshare).

Regards.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The file hosting clausal would indeed be for personal storage (backups of your computer etc) and file hosting services (such as Megaupload).

Sharing project files would be allowed, as that is related to the site you are hosting.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think such a site is similar to a forum with 2 or more admins.X10 hosting rules say that we cannot share hosting with many by sharing CPANEL userids and passwords.But on a php site installed,X10 terms will not restrict multiple admins for that pHP site (not X10 account panel).
Hope this helps.
Regards,
VVBB