Question of the Day

theone48

Reaction score

I'm making a goal to learn at least one thing about x10 every day. Whoever gives good answers will get a plus point on their rep, really good answers will get a Like! To start:

If I change my username (which I understand I can do once only), will my forum status revert back to the beginning? (I mean lose ranking, 0 posts, etc. like a brand new member?)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It just changes the name on the account. Everything else stays the same. Old posts will show up with your new name.

theone48

Reaction score
Thank you descalzo. I think I'll save it then for some important occasion. Added to your rep.

ivan.dreamer14

Reaction score
Delcalzo is right

Descalzo is right, so can I get points for confirming his answer to be correct?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Descalzo is right, so can I get points for confirming his answer to be correct?
Ha ha, no. You'll get a rep point if theone48 thinks that your post helped him and had a constructive, useful answer. You just agreed to something that a Community Leader (one of the highest ranks) just said.

theone48

Reaction score
wulfeous88

Both you and Dead-i are right; anyone who gives me constructive help will get a rep and anyone who reps me will receive rep in return. You'll have more chances to earn reps with my next question:

I'm using the rvsitebuilder and as so far am finding it ambiguous and confusing. Is there any help manual that comes with this thing?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I know this might sound a bit stupid, but this comes up with quite a few good tutorials that could help you:
http://tinyurl.com/3stk52k

Especially the top result.

theone48

Reaction score
Dead-i,

Sorry, but the link seems to be just a plain old link to google. I did google rvsitebuilder and even visited their home page, but all that they have is a bunch of video tutorials. I'm not sure that works well for me; I'm looking for some written help or tutorials somewhere for it. Anyone find any, please let me know.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, when I googled it lots of useful tutorials appeared. That's why I posted it.

theone48

Reaction score
I see, no one has cared to write a guide yet. Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Next question: I heard in chat yesterday that video and photo on a site is confined to 1GB (I thought storage was unlimited??). Pretty small considering today's HD video stream sizes. I also heard you can't allow other users to upload your video, which essentially means you can't share video with others on x10. Why? Is there an upload or download limit? I thought that stuff was unlimited.

theone48

Reaction score
Any ideas on the above question guys? Or am I missing something. I'd like to know more info about x10's video abilities/capabilities.

theone48

Reaction score
Thanks for the reps wulfeous! If all I need to do to get rep points is make everyone laugh then that should be easy. Course, since nobody answered my last question, guess I'll have to answer this one myself, too. :redface:

My next question: Why did x10 cross road?

!lol ,nois01x eht tsol tI :A

your_death_1994

Reaction score
Lol lemme take a guess.

A: It lost the x10sion, lol!

Edit: I think its unmetered source codes and stuff, videos and images, take up to much space. I'm not sure if there is a 1GB limit, but if there is its okay, because like thousands of other people use x10 free hosting too, we don't want just one person using the whole space.

Last edited:

theone48

Reaction score
Hi Razzi and thanks. Sent you a friend invite.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

hi tehnewagecinema98,

Welcome to x10!

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I blame electronics engineers. They haven't made an unlimited hard disk. :p

Last edited:

theone48

Reaction score
lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Ona more serious note, anyone know How I can add a transparent (or non-transparent) image, like a logo, above a website header using rvSitebuilder?