Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucklebutte

Reaction score
I have had an X10 account since july and have been loving it. So much so that I tell everyone interested in good hosting.

Well talking it over with the misses just now and discussing some business ideas with her, we got to talking about her having her own website.

I know that only one account per person, but we are both on the same IP. Would this be ok? If not then I shall hunt her down some other form of free hosting. I would offer her a domain on my account but I currently have all 3 used.

I would hate to have her go else where, but dont want to violate any rules. Her site wouldnt be related to mine (Mine PC Repair vs hers to show off her Photoshop works) or affiliated with mine, unless it could, links and all. :) But rules are rules and I thought better ask to be safe.

Thank you for your time.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it helps at all I know there's advertisement codes for x10 located on the AMP (pretty sure it's the account management panel, I'm gunna look stupid if it's not >_<); if you put either advanced or corporate on it, you can get the account upgraded to Ad-Enhanced which boosts some of the maximums. Not 100% what it boosts them to, but I'd be REALLY surprised if it didn't add at least 1 more domain :)

That's just assuming a mod/admin replies that it'll violate TOS though; if it won't violate TOS in this case then my idea's useless, but it's an alternative that -might- work, if you're okay with text ads (Advanced is a text-based advertisement, corporate's a banner if I'm not mistaken).

Hopefully someone's got an idea on what it'd raise the maximums to so you'd know if that's a good alternative or not though, thats the one part I'm not sure on, cause it doesn't seem it's on the front page of x10 at all.

EDIT: Forgot, if you do go the route of adding the x10 ads, post about it either in this topic and one of us can escalate it, or make a new thread and we'll escalate that instead - staff are the only ones who can bump it up, and the ads need to be on all pages as well.

Just adding that before I forget and send you off in the wrong direction :)

Last edited:

mickello

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi, Just new to this, so what would I know? All I can think of is to try it , if its against the rules? then it would probably be barred. Wish I could help more. Someone must know!! cheers

chucklebutte

Reaction score
Im trying to stay away from ads if at all possible, but thank you for the response and idea. It is worth checking out though if she cant set up her own site. Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and makes me go for paid service. Its not that I am a cheapskate its just had a baby 15 days ago and been trying to pinch a penny every chance I get :) lol.

Thank you for any advice.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing as you are in fact two different people. There is no problem signing up for two accounts.

So go ahead and have her sign up for a second account.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think x10 monitor IP address logins like law lol.
As leafypiggy said, you are two different people, so another account should be fine.
It would be difficult to moderate by IP address becuase people use shared computer/internet connections (like in your case) or in a library for example.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.