Questions about $9.95/month plan

U|Zarj

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to potentially host some video games servers, and found that x10 Hosting seems to be a very cheap option. I'm looking at the $9.95/month plan. Just had a few questions:
1. Bandwidth - is that upload, download, or both?
2. Speed - how fast is the server's connection to the web? Is that speed dedicated for just my use, or shared with other clients as well?
3. How much is the fee (per GB or whatever) for going over my bandwidth? Is there any way to set up an account so it stops sending and receiving when it hits the limit?
4. How much help can I get installing an OS, setting up programs, etc? I realize the servers are not managed.
5. Where are these servers hosted?

Thank you very much for your time.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10hosting!

1. Bandwidth should include both.
2. This is a VPS and therefore you have dedicated CPU power and RAM.
3. "You can either upgrade your plan or pay overage at $0.10 per GB. It is best to contact us prior to hitting the limit so we can work something out with you." (from: http://x10vps.com/technical_questions.php)
4. While the servers are not managed, you can get help if you require it here at the forums.
5. The servers are all hosted in Chicago at the SingleHop data center.

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i will also point out that installing the OS is easy. You select the OS from a dropdown box in the cart, and when your vps is ready, its installed with the basic OS.
Also while X3 and X5 plans have bandwidth limits, X7 and X9 don't. While X10 can ask for an additional resource fee if you use allot of bandwidth(i would guess 3000-4000GB a month, which is more than allot of dedicated boxes have) and i doubt you would hit that.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also the VPSes can only run Linux, so it is good if you learn a bit about SSH and Linux before getting a VPS

U|Zarj

Reaction score
2. Speed - how fast is the server's connection to the web? Is that speed dedicated for just my use, or shared with other clients as well?

Could someone please answer this one as well?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score

Could someone please answer this one as well?

I believe the server gets a dedicated 10 mbit connection.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Each VPS is guaranteed 10Mbps

kkgames

Reaction score
Hey just reading about the x10 VPS and I'm fairly certain that when I buy a VPS in a few months I will go with X10VPS.

Just a quick question though:
With the X7 VPS plan (the $24.95 one), it says it has 1.8ghz of CPU processing power. If I were to host a database that was running queries excessively (possibly up to 50 queries a second, although I don't see that happening right away) would a 1.8ghz processor be capable of running that or am I trying to accomplish the impossible?

The queries would not be very long queries.

I would more than likely be running the server on Ubuntu with minimal apps and interfaces to maximize the CPU cycles for the database.

Thanks for your time!
KK Games