Rate my finished Xorb World

Haavdwee

Reaction score
Xorb-World.co.cc

Hi,

I think i am finally done tweaking my (first) site and translating it to Dutch. Now that it is finished I really want to know how others think of it and at wich points I can make it better. It is made at the Wordpress system and uses a higly modified version of Mandigo.

If you want to rate please give a number from 1 to 10 where 10 is the best and 1 is the worst. Please give a reason why you chosed the number.

Tnx allot
Greetz Hans

BTW: there are translater buttons at the bottom for diferent languages if you like.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good! Did you design it?

One small problem, is this hosted on x10? If so,
Your primary language MUST be either English, French, or Spanish. Just a reminder.

8/10

Haavdwee

Reaction score
Very good! Did you design it?

One small problem, is this hosted on x10? If so,
Your primary language MUST be either English, French, or Spanish. Just a reminder.

8/10
It is not completely my own design, I started with a standart theme called mandigo. Then started editing the CSS and PHP files, I never worked with any code before so it was kind of tricky but when looking good I found things where really easy. I removed the crapy stars and date stamps (date stamps could be disabled in options of theme). Then I did some other work wich are little details that are hard to find (language was a major thing). And you can see the result.
------
I know that the primary language must be English, French or Spanish but a while ago I contacted an admin and he said it didn't matter, then I started translating it to Dutch and removed all the English posts.
------
If there is any admin reading this, am I still alowed to keep my site Dutch or do I have to start all the work over?
------
-Standard-
00.jpg

-Modified-
xorb.jpg

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it looks very nice anyways. LOL. I am a wordpress theme coder, so I'm always looking for ideas. Was that theme released under GNU or GPL?

Haavdwee

Reaction score
Well it looks very nice anyways. LOL. I am a wordpress theme coder, so I'm always looking for ideas. Was that theme released under GNU or GPL?
Mandigo is released by www.onehertz.com under GPL license, they ask not to edit the footer and further you can do what you want with it.
Note that I removed the url to OneHertz, I will put it back when I have time but it didn't worked with the analitycs script.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. I'm going to base by new blog theme off it and the current theme on my blog. ;)

chitorch

Reaction score
The white links in the gray boxes on the side are unreadable in my browser. Too light on too light :) Otherwise the colors are nice.