Resolved Reactivating "Inactive" Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

houseof7

Reaction score
Hello!
I have been unable to access the cPanel/DirectAdmin to log in since the migration -
cPanel.PNG

While I understand that the system changeover happened and I've been considered inactive because of it, I was unaware when I was to start logging in to the new panel so as to avoid just this problem.

Would someone be able to reactivate my account?

Thanks!

PS: with this changeover, will the inactive warning notification emails start up again?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Your website appears to be working correctly. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!
I have been unable to access the cPanel/DirectAdmin to log in since the migration -
cPanel.PNG

While I understand that the system changeover happened and I've been considered inactive because of it, I was unaware when I was to start logging in to the new panel so as to avoid just this problem.

Would someone be able to reactivate my account?

Thanks!

PS: with this changeover, will the inactive warning notification emails start up again?
You should always assume you need to login as required, even if it is announced that the automatic system is turned of for any reason.

Eventually warning emails should resume, but it is not something you should rely solely on as a reminder as there has been cases where those emails went unnoticed in the spamfolder for instance. My recommendation is that you login more frequent then once every 30 days as it is also a way to keep yourself informed.

I have restored the account, but as I noticed the domain were still pointing to the old server I did check a bit further and it would appear that the transfer went badly as well, so checking with admin who has access to the old server about a re-transfer as well.

houseof7

Reaction score
You should always assume you need to login as required, even if it is announced that the automatic system is turned of for any reason.

Eventually warning emails should resume, but it is not something you should rely solely on as a reminder as there has been cases where those emails went unnoticed in the spamfolder for instance. My recommendation is that you login more frequent then once every 30 days as it is also a way to keep yourself informed.

I have restored the account, but as I noticed the domain were still pointing to the old server I did check a bit further and it would appear that the transfer went badly as well, so checking with admin who has access to the old server about a re-transfer as well.
Your comment about the not relying on log ins is very true - but at least in that email I was told where to log in - I did log in to cPanel in February, but it all seemed to be pointing to the old account - my partner had the same problem with his account.

Thank you for contacting the admin for me; worst case scenario, I have the whole thing on my hard drive and can re-upload it all.

Kind regards.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account should now be fully operational again.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@houseof7 Is your issue resolved? Please let us know if you need any help or this thread will be closed soon.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@houseof7 I'm closing this thread due to lack of activity. Please create a new thread if the need arises. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.