Really Something Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeRowan

Reaction score
I was attempting to install the IPBoard Arcade to my forum but it ended up that this kind of stuff was showing when i loaded the forum:
+ADw-?php ob+AF8-start()+ADs- ?+AD4- +ADw-?php /+ACo- +------------------------------------------------------------------------- +AHw- Invision Power Board v2.1.3 +AHw- +AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0- +AHw- by Matthew Mecham +AHw- (c) 2001 - 2005 Invision Power Services +AHw- +AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0- +-------------------------------------------------------------------------- +AHw- +AD4- +ACQ-Date: 2005-10-11 14:29:43 ? (Tue, 11 Oct 2005) +ACQ- +AHw- +AD4- +ACQ-Revision: 39 +ACQ- +AHw- +AD4- +ACQ-Author: matt +ACQ- and alot more.......

I thought damn so deleted all the files that i uploaded for the arcade but its still coming up when i load the forum...

Please please please help me as i dont want to lose my forum :(

need help quick thanks

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Aparently, it's displaying your index.php as text when you navigate to it. There is some invalid code in it then. Maybe consider undoing all the changes that you did to your index.php or uploading a backup if you have one.

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Ok ill try un editing the index code.. but i dont have a backup i dont think.. is everyones index.php the same stuff init so i could use a template of someones?

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Ok i edited all the stuff i edited before and this is wat im getting now:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/sr2005/public_html/forums/index.php on line 151

Can anyone help me fix this as i really want my forum back up

Jordan K

Reaction score
Goto line 151 of your index.php and change the ; to a )

*Edit: Or it could be that the end of your line has a ; and not a ), in that case you should add an ) before the ; so the end of the line looks like this:

PHP:
);

Last edited:

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Code:
$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower( $ipsclass->input['act'] );
thats the 150 line... so is there anything not right with that.. ??

also m8.. see wen on Word.. is there a quick way to find a certain line without counting?

Last edited:

Jordan K

Reaction score
You can't use Word to find the line of your php code. The formatting in word presses the lines to be smaller and take up more than one line, ultimately displaying the wrong code for the error you are getting. You have to use a php editor. Such as Dreamweaver or DzSoft PHP Editor (my two favorite choices).

WeeRowan

Reaction score
ok i gt it in PHP Editor.. heres line 150:
Code:
$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower( $ipsclass->input['act'] );

WeeRowan

Reaction score
m8 i changed line 150 to:
Code:
$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower( $ipsclass->input['act'])

and now when i load the forum it says:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF, expecting ')' in /home/sr2005/public_html/forums/index.php on line 152

Does this mean i edited 150 right but another line needs fixed? or that its wrong?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Copy and paste from line 135/140 through 155/160 for us.

Also, Civilr, good job knowing what could be causing the error, almost "dead on". I take it you know PHP a decent amount?

Last edited:

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Code:
                 'buddy'      => array( "browsebuddy"        , 'assistant'    , array() ),
                 'mmod'       => array( "misc/multi_moderate", 'mmod'         , array('multimod' ) ),
                 'warn'       => array( "misc/warn"          , 'warn'         , array('badwords','bbcode'  ,'emoticons'  ) ),
                 'home'       => array( 'portal'             , 'portal'       , array('portal','attachtypes','bbcode', 'multimod','ranks','profilefields' ) ),
                 'module'     => array( 'modules'            , 'modules'      , array() ),
                 'task'       => array( 'taskloader'         , 'taskloader'   , array() ),

Thats lines 135-140

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Code:
$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower( $ipsclass->input['act']
)
if (! isset($choice[ $ipsclass->input['_low_act'] ][0]) );
)
{
 $ipsclass->input['act'] = 'idx';
}
//===========================================================================
//  Short tags...
//===========================================================================+
if ( $ipsclass->input['showforum'] != "" )
{
 $ipsclass->input['act'] = "sf";
 $ipsclass->input['f']   = intval($ipsclass->input['showforum'])

theres line 150-165

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Noooooo haha I meant lines anywheres from 135 (or up to 140..) to lines 155 (or up to 160).

Sorrry for the confusion. :)

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Lines 135-155
Code:
                 'mmod'       => array( "misc/multi_moderate", 'mmod'         , array('multimod' ) ),
                 'warn'       => array( "misc/warn"          , 'warn'         , array('badwords','bbcode'  ,'emoticons'  ) ),
                 'home'       => array( 'portal'             , 'portal'       , array('portal','attachtypes','bbcode', 'multimod','ranks','profilefields' ) ),
                 'findpost'   => array( 'findpost'           , 'findpost'     , array() ),
                 "xmlout"     => array( "xmlout"             , 'xmlout'       , array('attachtypes','multimod','bbcode','ranks','profilefields' ) ),
                 'paysubs'    => array( 'paysubscriptions'   , 'paysubscriptions' , array() ),
                 'rssout'     => array( 'rssout'             , 'rssout'       , array() ),
                 'component'  => array( 'component'          , 'component'    , array() ),
//---------------------------------------------------
// Check to make sure the array key exits..

$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower( $ipsclass->input['act']
)
if (! isset($choice[ $ipsclass->input['_low_act'] ][0]) );
)
{

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Code:
                 'findpost'   => array( 'findpost'           , 'findpost'     , array() ),
                 "xmlout"     => array( "xmlout"             , 'xmlout'       , array('attachtypes','multimod','bbcode','ranks','profilefields' ) ),
                 'paysubs'    => array( 'paysubscriptions'   , 'paysubscriptions' , array() ),
                 'rssout'     => array( 'rssout'             , 'rssout'       , array() ),
                 'component'  => array( 'component'          , 'component'    , array() ),
// Check to make sure the array key exits..

$ipsclass->input['_low_act'] = strtolower($ipsclass->input['act']);

if (!isset($choice[ $ipsclass->input['_low_act'] ][0])) {

Try that.

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Ok i pasted that in and uploaded it and this came up:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/sr2005/public_html/forums/index.php on line 150

Any ideas how to fix this m8.. ?? i could really use your help and you seem to know what to do :)

Jordan K

Reaction score
Somewhat, still teaching myself though. I am mostly good at editing them and problem solving. I hope to one day be one of the people that can make scripts from scratch. Like one of those online roleplaying games. (I forget what it's called buy you make an account and you can choose either a modster, a rockstar, or a monster as your character and you recruit people. Lol I know the name of it I just can't remember, it's on the tip of my tongue)

WeeRowan

Reaction score
Ye u r good at it m8.. so you like problem solving.. can you help solve mine lol

Status
Not open for further replies.