Reason to leave x10 Hosting?

vekou

Reaction score
Alright, you can write here reasons that can make you leave x10 Hosting. I'm not telling you to leave and switch to another web host, and I'm not switching either, I love x10. I'm just curious why would anyone leave x10 for another webhost.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I can give two reasons: The refusal to giving me unmetered bandwidth on an already unmetered line :D
Also: I bought my own server/Colo'd a box and I don't need x10Hosting anymore.

But other than that I'm blank.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
I left because of internal reasons regarding some of the users on X10. I hope that's over now and I can come back and enjoy the free web hosting I realized that I could never ever find anywhere else. I miss x10.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
You mean switch to another free or paid web host? X10 is the best free web host for certain. A bit unstable sometimes, but still the best. For paid, simply to lift restrictions like the inactivity time, sql DB count ect.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If I did switch, it would be because x10 stops offering the features that I need. But assuming they continue to work the way they've been doing so far, I'm not leaving any time soon.

zen-r

Reaction score
This has the potential to become quite a negative thread, really.

Can't you just look around the Feedback & Support forums to find what people are or have been complaining about?

If I did switch, it would be because x10 stops offering the features that I need. But assuming they continue to work the way they've been doing so far, I'm not leaving any time soon.

Quick! Can admin stop offering the features here that ichwar needs! ;)

Hey kkenny, I noticed your sudden reappearance around the forums today.

Welcome back!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Quick! Can admin stop offering the features here that ichwar needs! ;)
[sarcasm]lol, I'm offering 500 credits for the first person who permanently hacks zener's website hosted here. :biggrin:[/sarcasm]

Anyways, I doubt x10 is going to lose most of its customers any time soon. Corey and team seem dedicated to service and providing a better experience than other hosts.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
lol, I'm offering 500 credits for the first person who permanently hacks zener's website hosted here. :biggrin:

Anyways, I doubt x10 is going to lose most of its customers any time soon. Corey and team seem dedicated to service and providing a better experience than other hosts.

I've hacked zen-r's website. I can edit it to anything I want.

So, as promised, send me the 500 credits please..... (waiting......) :biggrin:

By the way, encouraging anyone to hack websites here, even as a joke, is rather an irresponsible move. If staff take it the wrong way & don't see the funny side, they may choose to give you an infraction or ban.

And double-by-the-way, hacking & incitement to commit hacking is a criminal offence. Just so you know!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've hacked zen-r's website. I can edit it to anything I want.

So, as promised, send me the 500 credits please..... (waiting......) :biggrin:

By the way, encouraging anyone to hack websites here, even as a joke, is rather an irresponsible move. If staff take it the wrong way & don't see the funny side, they may choose to give you an infraction or ban.

And double-by-the-way, hacking & incitement to commit hacking is a criminal offence. Just so you know!
Didn't you see the lol in front of that statement and the :biggrin: at the end? You're the one who keeps saying we're missing all your jokes and then you don't even see mine when I bookend it with laughs and grins. Hmmm. I think maybe we do really need those sarcasm quotes added soon.

zen-r

Reaction score
Didn't you read my post. Clearly I saw that your post was intended as a joke.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Didn't you read my post. Clearly I saw that your post was intended as a joke.
But you didn't seem to think it was very obvious as you thought the mods might take it the wrong way.

zen-r

Reaction score
A lot of people read these forums.

Can you be sure that they will all understand our sense of humour?

It will only take one person, who decides to take your post as a challenge & encouragement to hack.

As I said, you have to be careful about writing things like that, even as a joke.

Can we let this thread get back on topic now?

zapzack

Reaction score
People leave for having to log into the forums.. (Oh no!) (What a hassle!)

changc

Reaction score
Not enough free pie. My last host gave me one every month.

taha116

Reaction score
What is the only thing that paid has that free x10 dosent? Um... lets see...
X10 could use maybe a couple more databases... and... how about a little higher memory limit on scripts, although its still a decent ammount for a decent site but if you want to run a really feature full site that has like dozens of mods on wordpress etc. Thats not a good idea... you can still run quite a few though.

i once heavily modded a wordpress instilation and the site was rather popular and the ammoount of unique views was increasing probably 20-50 more a day from 550. so i was geting say 15k uniqe a month, not taking into account he daily increase... sadly i was suspended cuz of the high resource usage... I couldnt make a backup of the site cuz it kept suspending me and i gave up eventually.

Last edited:

arcade1

Reaction score
can't think of a reason, so far x10 is one of the best free hosting providers. probably if my sites needs to get it's own dedicated server i'll switch to paid service

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i once heavily modded a wordpress instilation and the site was rather popular and the ammoount of unique views was increasing probably 20-50 more a day from 550. so i was geting say 15k uniqe a month, not taking into account he daily increase... sadly i was suspended cuz of the high resource usage... I couldnt make a backup of the site cuz it kept suspending me and i gave up eventually.
You should of contacted staff and asked them to port the whole account to paid. That way you could continue getting that traffic and not lose your whole site.

halo3gopher

Reaction score
I considered leaving until they finally finished the free server maintenance.
Now I'm happy with x10 again! Yay free hosting :biggrin: