recent suspension and question about paid account

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagelinx

Reaction score
hi there,
i was recently suspended for using too much data at once. i was thinking of upgrading to a paid account, is this something i would face on a paid account as well?

also, i have a free domain from co.cc. they require the server name for it to work, do I just type "boru" or do I need more information? thank you so much for your assistance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A paid, premium, account does allow for more resource usage then free hosting does, so that would not be a problem there (unless it is really extreme usage).

The name severs to enter is: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

imagelinx

Reaction score
thanks! i've put in my domain modification thang!

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

ALSO! i've had this domain used on another server with an account i plan on deleting, this switch shouldn't create problems, right?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as it is not currently attached to that account, it should not be a problem.

imagelinx

Reaction score
new issue.

so i've changed my domain however it appears to not have switched over completely. it's a wordpress blog and i cannot login to my php file as it is still trying to redirect me to the old server the domain was associated with, i know they say this should take 48hrs to process but it has been 2 days now. is this something someone can help me with? check out how my site is loading now...writographer.co.cc

appreciate any assistance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
wordpress stores information about the domain in its configuration (in the database), and the templates then use that information for including various things, like stylesheets.

You'll likely need to find and edit two entries in the database, table wp_config, that holds domain information.

Last edited:

imagelinx

Reaction score
the config file looks good. i see all of the links are still directed towards my old domain with x10. i'm thinking of just installing wordpress again and importing all of my posts. i'll see where that gets me...sometimes it helps to start from scratch!

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

ok. saga continues. i get the error message "The domain you have requested is currently not in use under an x10Hosting web hosting account." should i just wait it out a little longer before the 'net recognizes the domain is registered with x10? i've entered the 2 server names you suggested earlier with co.cc on wednesday
sorry to be a bother, i really appreciate your help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The url information is stored in the database, in the table wp_config. Options "home" and "siteurl", both this needs to be changed to reflect the new domain.

To do so you need to open up phpmyadmin and select your wordpress database, then click the table wp_config.

imagelinx

Reaction score
hmm, the wp_config table is not there...perhaps this is my problem? i'll create one...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
if you didn't have it, nothing would work, the wp_ part is the default prefix. If you told Wordpress to use something else, or none, during installation, it would not be called wp_config in your database.

I am not able to see the contents of your database, and therefor I can not change that for you either.

imagelinx

Reaction score
you know what i did. deleted the database and created a new one. so far things look well. i tell ya, it's easier to start anew. i really do appreciate your help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, it is easier.

A word of advice, should you decide to change domain again, make the changes in wp settings before doing it in your account panel, so you set it to the new domain there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.