Recover lost mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersly

Reaction score
Hello,

When Stoli was being transfered, there was a period of time between 1/27 and 2/1 when I did not receive a few important emails that I was expecting and know were sent. These emails never bounced for the sender...it was successfully sent, but just never delivered to my email account.

I was hoping to see them arrive once maintenance on Stoli was complete, but unfortunately they never did. Are these emails lost forever? Or is there possibility of recovering them?

Thanks very much,
Albert

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

When Stoli was being transfered, there was a period of time between 1/27 and 2/1 when I did not receive a few important emails that I was expecting and know were sent. These emails never bounced for the sender...it was successfully sent, but just never delivered to my email account.

I was hoping to see them arrive once maintenance on Stoli was complete, but unfortunately they never did. Are these emails lost forever? Or is there possibility of recovering them?

Thanks very much,
Albert

These emails are lost... When they bonce back mean They lost

supersly

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately the senders never received bounces during this time, so they don't even know these emails were not delivered. If there is any possibility that these emails can be recovered, that would be great. If not, I'll have to manually ask all the senders for a re-send.

Thanks,
Albert

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately the senders never received bounces during this time, so they don't even know these emails were not delivered. If there is any possibility that these emails can be recovered, that would be great. If not, I'll have to manually ask all the senders for a re-send.

Thanks,
Albert

I talked to one of the staff regarding the mails during the migration, They said that the recovery depends on the availability of the mailserver at the time of the migration. It most likely to be not possible. It is better to ask the senders to resend. Sorry for inconvenience .

pythondev

Reaction score
I would just ask for them to resend your emails.
Try get a tender board to re-send tender contracts... 5 days now i have been without email on my domain, lost 4 important contracts and some other important legal documentation... and I'm on the Expidited list...

Status
Not open for further replies.