Resolved Recover website

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
This domain is not associated with an x10 account. Are you able to log in to DirectAdmin and then add it?

unidosp2

Reaction score
This domain is not associated with an x10 account. Are you able to log in to DirectAdmin and then add it?
Yes, I can add it but before the site was working, I don't know if it can be recovered. Do I have to add it again?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
When was it last working? Did you do anything specific before it stopped working?

I currently see your account to have no domains associated with it. Did you at some point delete the domain? If you did so and also opted to remove the files (which unfortunately is the default option) that would be why it does not work any longer. You could re-add the domain and assuming you have a backup re-upload the missing files. The only backup I possibly can access right now is the pre-migration package which is about a year old and would be meant to re-install the account rather then re-instate individual files.

I can see the file tree holds a folder for a .com domain though it is missing its public_html folder.

unidosp2

Reaction score
When was it last working? Did you do anything specific before it stopped working?

I currently see your account to have no domains associated with it. Did you at some point delete the domain? If you did so and also opted to remove the files (which unfortunately is the default option) that would be why it does not work any longer. You could re-add the domain and assuming you have a backup re-upload the missing files. The only backup I possibly can access right now is the pre-migration package which is about a year old and would be meant to re-install the account rather then re-instate individual files.

I can see the file tree holds a folder for a .com domain though it is missing its public_html folder.
The last time the domain was working was on Sunday December 27, I am satisfied with restoring even an old backup. I've tried adding the domain again, but I don't think the data appears. I don't know what happened, maybe I deleted it by mistake.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe restoration is your best option. It appears that somehow the domain and associated data were removed.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can go ahead with the restoration, just be aware that everything will then be wiped and back to the way they were when we did the initial migrations.

Do you have any data (such as a database or emails) that you need to backup before we proceed? Easiest way to backup emails is to download to a third party client (desktop or on any other device you have that can handle incoming emails from any server). In the webmail we have for you there should also be an option to export all emails.

unidosp2

Reaction score
I can go ahead with the restoration, just be aware that everything will then be wiped and back to the way they were when we did the initial migrations.

Do you have any data (such as a database or emails) that you need to backup before we proceed? Easiest way to backup emails is to download to a third party client (desktop or on any other device you have that can handle incoming emails from any server). In the webmail we have for you there should also be an option to export all emails.
I have a copy of the .sql database I think I will be able to restore it once the site is operational. I haven't made a lot of changes to the site anyway, so I don't think I'll lose a lot of information. From now on I will make backup copies in case something similar happens again.

unidosp2

Reaction score
I had a wordpress site installed, but I can't see the files in the directory

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
wordpress should install to ~/domains/{your domain name}/public_html , but you can give it a subfolder like /wp/ or /wordpress/. If it's a subdomain, it would be ~/domains/{your domain name}/public_html/{your sub domain name} (with a subfolder)

What are you using to view the server files?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing as you marked it as resolved, do you no longer require the backup to be restored?

unidosp2

Reaction score
Seeing as you marked it as resolved, do you no longer require the backup to be restored?
I'm using to view the server files the File Manager of DirectAdmin.
~/domains/{my domain name}/public_html (is empty)

I think I didn't mark it as resolved because I require the backup to be restored.

Thanks for the support offered.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, I had this marked resolved because the prior issue was resolved. I'll flag this for admin help with restoration.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have now restored the backup of your account.