Redirect Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sithis

Reaction score
Okay so I managed to get my purchased domain to point to my website, but certain links (login, register, etc.) reveal the "mysitename.x10hosting.com" in the URL. How would I fix this?

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using a CMS or are the pages hand coded?

Seems the URLs are hard coded to the full path instead of relative. You will just have to change them, from

subdomain.x10hosting.com/register.php

to

/register.php

(assuming that by "pointing to" you mean you parked it on top of your x10 account ).

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using third party or custom system (e.g. a CMS, forum, blog) for your website? If third party, which one? Chances are you need to reconfigure that. Your best bet is to leave the server name out of links, if possible.

sithis

Reaction score
Are you using third party or custom system (e.g. a CMS, forum, blog) for your website? If third party, which one? Chances are you need to reconfigure that. Your best bet is to leave the server name out of links, if possible.

I'm using a forum.
& I will try that.
Edit:
Are you using a CMS or are the pages hand coded?

Seems the URLs are hard coded to the full path instead of relative. You will just have to change them, from

subdomain.x10hosting.com/register.php

to

/register.php

(assuming that by "pointing to" you mean you parked it on top of your x10 account ).

Where would I change that?

And yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm using a forum.

Are you using third party or custom system (e.g. a CMS, forum, blog) for your website? If third party, which one?

Without knowing what forum you're using, it's impossible to say how to configure it. Check the docs for your forum. You set the site name once the first time you configured the site, so you should be able to do it again.

Last edited:

m0j0r1s1ng

Reaction score
there is likely something in your forums admin panel for "settings" and what you are likely looking for is "site URL" or "path to forum" or something like that.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In your forums admin CP there is a default URL setting, change this to your domain rather than the subdomain.

Status
Not open for further replies.