redirect to x10powered.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
hi,

when I tried to log into my forum the page redirects in less then a second to 10xpowered.com. There it tells me "This domain name expired on Oct 15 2011 03:14AM, Click here to renew it." The link brings you to a login site, not looking like it's from x10hosting.
I don't trust this and think my account might be compromised.
The same happens when I click on an other link, In-Game-Stats, in my website(d'tor).
It also happens to some of the sub pages in the "statistics" on my site.

If my domain is expired shouldn't all the pages not give an error message?

When trying to log into cPanel the normal page doesn't show up. All white and everything is on the leftside. The bottom footer is saying "What was Beethoven's favorite fruit?
BANANANAAAAA!
This to me is really weird and I don't dare to sign in incase it logs my details and sent it to someone else.

Can someone have a look for me if this is compromised or tell me how to fix this.

regards dutchy

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I just get your site (as I suppose you intended). You may be seeing a man-in-the-middle attack. Can you post a tracert to the suspect domains?

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
how do I make a tracert from the suspected domain?
something like this?
Tracing route to dtor.tk [173.245.61.40]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms cpc2-telf10-2-0-gw.wolv.cable.virginmedia.com [94.172.48.1]
2 10 ms 10 ms 7 ms telf-geam-1a-ge114.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.159.89]
3 12 ms 9 ms 11 ms wolv-core-1a-tenge72.network.virginmedia.net [62.30.254.49]
4 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms manc-bb-1c-ae8-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.43.163.241]
5 9 ms 23 ms 13 ms manc-bb-1a-ae11-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.159.85]
6 30 ms 79 ms 29 ms ams2-ic-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.188.158]
7 31 ms 43 ms 35 ms 195.69.147.140
8 29 ms 31 ms 32 ms cf-173-245-61-40.cloudflare.com [173.245.61.40]

Trace complete.
regards dutchy

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're on Windows, open a command prompt window (it will be under Accessories in the Programs menu). You should see something like this:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name>_

Just type "tracert www.whatever.com" and hit Enter. The computer will fill the screen with all of the routing information for the request -- what servers it had to visit along the way, how much time everything took, etc. If you right-click on the "C:pigeon:" icon in the window, it will pop up a menu. Select Edit->Select All, then Edit->Copy. You can paste it into a posting here. You can do the same thing from the command line in Linux or OS X (but you should be able to copy directly rather than using a menu).

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
Thanks for helping,

as you can see I edited the post with those results.

Here are 2 screen shots I took of what I see.
x10powerd_com1.jpg
this is what I see when trying to enter the site "www.x10hosting.com"
x10powered_com2.jpg
This is what I see when opening pages from my site.

hope this helps solving

regards dutchy

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like you figured it out while I was answering. There appears to be a lot of unnecessary bouncing around before you leave virginmedia, but I'll leave the examination of the route to the sysadmins here -- I'm not sure whether that bare IP should be in the loop. You might want to contact Virgin (your ISP, I presume) to see if the in-network routing looks normal to them as well.

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
Your right about Virgin Media, their my provider. Unfortunately there customer support isn't what it used to be and I'm probably in better hands here.

Let's hope there is a sysadmin near today.

regards dutchy

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

the bare IP looks like it's from Cloudflare, could it be thet from there the redirect comes?

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
cPanel login screen.jpg

I'm sure this is not how cPanel login screen should look and loggin into might send my details to the wrong place.

I've ran Avast anti virus on my pc with no virus result on my side.

regards dutchy

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like an administrator forgot to renew the x10powered.com domain. It expired today and is available for an administrator to renew. Because many graphics, stylesheets and more files were stored there, some pages are not functioning correctly.

"This domain name expired on Oct 15 2011 03:14AM" - http://x10powered.com/

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
The thing is that x10powered.com isn't mine never was or will be. Why it redirect my pages to that site I don't know. Yesterday it was still fine, when checking this morning some pages from my site are redirected to x10powered.com.

regards dutchy

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Nevermind, it's my BT acting up. x10Powered loads fine more proxy.
I do not think x10powered belongs to you; it's x10's resource server.
Please try clearing your browser's cache and flush your DNS.

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
cleared and flushed but still redirected.
Why only some sub pages,in game stats and forum and not everything else?

regards dutchy

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

This seems to be an issue with some users because of the DNS but the domain IS actually renewed and it should load up like normal soon. Not everyone is getting this but a few people are having some trouble with it.

It would be helpful to know if you use specific DNS servers? I know that there was a problem with opendns this morning too.

Last edited:

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
Hi Jake,

I have set Cloudflare with the ns1 and ns2 servers from x10, otherwise i havent done anything to the dns settings.

thanks for looking into this

regards dutchy

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Jake,

I have set Cloudflare with the ns1 and ns2 servers from x10, otherwise i havent done anything to the dns settings.

thanks for looking into this

regards dutchy

He means your computer's DNS servers. It's likely you're using your ISP's DNS servers, which will probably keep a cache. You can either opt to change your DNS servers or wait for your ISP's to refresh. This usually takes around 24 hours. Flushing your computer's DNS cache and clearing your browser cache may help, but as in Dead-i's case, his ISP was keeping a cache of the bad entry.

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
hi stpvoice,

I'll will wait and see for the next 24 hours, if the problem still occurs. Either way I will let you all know here then.

greetz dutchy

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, BT cached x10powered.com while it was offline so I had to wait 24 hours until it recached it.

dutchy_nl3669

Reaction score
hi all,

so far it looks that most is back to normal, the "in-game-stats and the forum are back how it should be for me. cPanel screen looks normal again, still wondering why that looked so screwed up. One section of my site gives me a X10powered.com 404 page (hopefully an other 24 hours will fix this then).
Loggin into the mail client through the cPanel gives me a "SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE! Error No. [500] (on all 3 accounts). I guess that will be a x10hosting issue.

Thanks for all the help guys

regards dutchy

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

is it me or is the MySQL server offline?
Both my MySQl db's are gone.

There still showing on the cPanel but when trying to look at them there is nothing.

Has this anything to do with the dns problems I had earlier?

regards dutchy

Status
Not open for further replies.