Redirecting to x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

caftpx10

Reaction score
500 Internal Server Error.
"Nginx"
Looks like it is pointing at some wrong server. As far as I know, X10 currently uses Apache and the Varnish cache server.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
500 Internal Server Error.
"Nginx"
Looks like it is pointing at some wrong server. As far as I know, X10 currently uses Apache and the Varnish cache server.
Nginx (pronounced "engine-x") is an open source reverse proxy server for HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, as well as a load balancer, HTTP cache, and a web server (origin server)

I 'see' sub-domain [ forumalliace.x10.mx ] with a DNS-(A) record of [ 198.91.86.41 ] which is a x10hosting IP
Code:
OrgName:        X10HOSTING, LLC
OrgId:          XL-6
Address:        PO Box 783
City:           Tilton
StateProv:      NH
PostalCode:     03276
and that IP is sent to [ https://www.x10hosting.com/ ]

Not able to access. Redirecting to x10hosting when I try.
when did you set your free-hosting account up ?

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
Nginx (pronounced "engine-x") is an open source reverse proxy server for HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, as well as a load balancer, HTTP cache, and a web server (origin server)
is used by x10hosting

I 'see' sub-domain [ forumalliace.x10.mx ] with a DNS-(A) record of [ 198.91.86.41 ] which is a x10hosting IP
Code:
OrgName:        X10HOSTING, LLC
OrgId:          XL-6
Address:        PO Box 783
City:           Tilton
StateProv:      NH
PostalCode:     03276
and that IP is sent to [ https://www.x10hosting.com/ ]

when did you set your free-hosting account up ?
I never knew that Nginx was a reverse proxy server. I thought it was some light webserver. :lol:

About the IP, it's normal for the IP (in a HTTP request) to set a redirect to that site from what I've experienced (of course you knew that). The whois just grabs the x10.mx part so it kind of makes the tool useless.
As this is not a addon domain, it is hard to tell what the cause of this issue is unless.. you know.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Nginx is run on pretty much only one server--our catchall server. Our hosting servers do not run Nginx.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Nginx is run on pretty much only one server--our catchall server. Our hosting servers do not run Nginx.
I wasn't so clear with what I've said, I was referring to an other server (not any of the X10 hosting servers).

From reading what was said previously, it looks like that the error was there but then it eventually went away and instead had a redirect.. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.