Regarding upgrading service

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangyi

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm one of the users using the free hosting under cossacks server, and lately its experiencing a lot of downtime. And i would like to ask if i upgrade the service, can i get lesser downtime or it will just be adding like extra bandwidth and more databases etc.

Thanks

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
paid hosting is guaranteed 99% uptime and from what I've heard, it easily meets this mark.

gomarc

Reaction score
@ shangyi

If you are talking about paying for the “double everything” deal, this will not improve or worsen your up/down time, you are basically doing a one time payment for more resources. For a 99% uptime, follow garrettroyce advice. Here is the link https://clients.x10hosting.com/cart.php

I purchased the $20 Development Package and it’s great.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@ shangyi

If you are talking about paying for the “double everything” deal, this will not improve or worsen your up/down time, you are basically doing a one time payment for more resources. For a 99% uptime, follow garrettroyce advice. Here is the link https://clients.x10hosting.com/cart.php

I purchased the $20 Development Package and it’s great.

Oh, good call. After re-reading the post, I think shangyi was referring to the double everything. The development package does sound really good. I think I might do that while I'm working on my site and eventually transfer to paid.

shangyi

Reaction score
thanks for the replies above.

so if i wanted from free to paid, all the data will be transferred over to the paid server automatically or i have to start from scratch again?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe there is an area that you specify free hosting account details during the order process, this is where you will put your details so the data can be copied over.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe there is an area that you specify free hosting account details during the order process, this is where you will put your details so the data can be copied over.

Yeah, that sounds right. Either that or there's a spot for comments and you can put it there. I thought I remember hearing you need to put in a ticket for the transfer, but I could be wrong on that.

I think I'll upgrade today, if you end up doing the development package after me, I'll reply and let you know.

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score
I think I'll upgrade today, if you end up doing the development package after me, I'll reply and let you know.

This is what you get with the development package ($20 bucks a year)

Code:
Disk Space: 500 MB
Monthly Bandwidth Transfer: 20480 MB
Email Accounts: 25
Subdomains: 10
Parked Domains: 10
Addon Domains: 10
Ftp Accounts: 25
SQL Databases: 10
Mailing Lists: 10
Hosting package develop
Server Name: A great one!
cPanel Version: 11.24.4-CURRENT
cPanel Build: 33868
Apache version: 2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP version: 5.2.8
MySQL version: 5.0.67-community
Architecture: i686
Operating system: Linux
I kept my free account separate, so I can’t help with the transfer of files issue. And yes, you can have your free account PLUS all the paid accounts you want and can afford.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Here's your choices:

The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so please enter your domain name selection from below.
I want x10Hosting to register a new domain for me.
I want to transfer my domain to x10Hosting
I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.
I want to use a free subdomain.

shangyi

Reaction score
Here's your choices:

The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so please enter your domain name selection from below.
I want x10Hosting to register a new domain for me.
I want to transfer my domain to x10Hosting
I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.
I want to use a free subdomain.

so then i have to choose the 'I want to transfer my domain to x10Hosting' and type in my free subdomain from x10hosting (e.g maplefrenzy.x10hosting.com)?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah I think so. It also gives you the choice later on to either create a new cpanel or use the old one.

And there's a comments section too, so you can explain it better if you wish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.