Reincarnation

allinone

Reaction score
Do you believe in reincarnation....
if yes why? have you experienced it? or u think that it is all an orthodoxy view

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
No, I don't believe in reincarnation. I think it is just the stuff of books and films.

This is my 1200th post.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest, but I highly doubt it. No offence to people with different views, but I'm a big believer in science and evidence. Whilst it is possible for reincarnation to be real, I think that your personality (and soul) is just information inside your brain; and that when you die, the brain keeps that information, just that it can't be 'extracted'. I just don't see how you could come back is a different body, if you get what I mean.

-Luke.

Last edited:

cowctcat

Reaction score
reincarnation is the kind of thing everybody wants to beleive in because it would mean that they would never truly die. but as stated above your personality is stored in your brain. I'm not saying it might be possible in the future but i dont think it would be now.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not saying it might be possible in the future but i dont think it would be now.

That's a good point cowctcat, in the future (The far future probably) it may be possible to be 'reincarnated'. If someone invents a way for your personality to be 'downloaded' then who knows what could be done. Immortality Anyone?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
That's a good point cowctcat, in the future (The far future probably) it may be possible to be 'reincarnated'. If someone invents a way for your personality to be 'downloaded' then who knows what could be done. Immortality Anyone?

In a few thousand years maybe, but not right now. Now I've said that it'll be possible by tomorrow :biggrin:. But yes, if the data is stored and doesn't deteriate too quickly, it's highly possible that this could be done.

-Luke.

allinone

Reaction score
you guys are really good thinkers, i mean i have never got such fantastic views over my querry... thanks for being so honest in ur views....
i like these comments....they change my thinking

kkenny

Reaction score
I am for one who hopes Reincarnation is true, because I truly just don't want to be another skeleton in a grave when I die, I want to move on to another life and be the same personality in a different point.

I guess it's all mainly personal beliefs and religons.

drymouse

Reaction score
I do not believe in reincarnation, I believe that we are more than just the information

jetmav

Reaction score
From what I have read, understood and realized thus far about reincarnation <not much really>, it is a way of perfection. In our lifetime we are doing and have done so many things that can be not in compliance with the laws of being.

So if are reborn, we are given a chance to actually go through life again to be a much better soul or spirit. True or false, I'd like to have another chance - whatever that is.

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'I don't believe'. Posts should be more like 'I think incarnation is not true because there is absolutely no evidence. But then I suppose it is totally up to you and as there is no evidence' etc. etc.

allinone

Reaction score
fine you guys are are in total disagreement of re incarnation.......some of you beleive .......but every one has its own thinking... the most appropriate view given i like is that the molecules and atoms remain same in the human as we are the part of earth hence we can say we are reincarnated, but i cant say about the memory part becoz i have seen many evidences which show really great proof of being reincarnated .......one will not believe till he dont see any proof ..............

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Reincarnation is very much possible, but who knows, since we don't remember anything if we are reincarnated.

jazzencat

Reaction score
I haven't spent much time contemplating reincarnation as real or not real. Here are my thoughts on the matter so far. My philosophical outlook is closest to Zen Buddhist and Taoist views, with some modifications.

I'll work from the assumption that we are entirely natural entities. This assumes also that our thoughts and souls/spirits/ghost whatever you want to name them are also natural. Given these assumptions and the experimental indications of undetectable dark energy and dark matter in physics, I posit that thoughts and soul are as yet undetected forms of energy. Our current scientific generalisations (Asimov calls them this; he figures "laws of nature" is a misnomer), say that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. So what we have is an energy form that creates thoughts and can influence the physical structure of the brain (neurplasticity experiments show that visualisation can produce a measurable change in neural mapping). It is not unreasonable to assume that such an energy pattern (soul) could retain pattern coherence after the death of the physical body. If I take this assumption further it is plausible that the energy pattern that is soul could then "reattach" itself to another bioligical body of similar configuration to its last one. Humans, after all, have the vast majority of our DNA code in common with each other and other mammals. I believe the difference between us and dogs is something like 2% and less than 1% between us and chimpanzees. Still we have a huge ammount of genetic variance between individuals.

So, though I haven't really made any stated belief or disbelief in reincarnation, I accept it as a naturally possible event.

It is not relevant to my task of being a moral human in this life. I will find out for certain once I die. If there is reincarnation and the soul I'll know, and if there is just nothingness then I won't ever be disappointed. ;-)

tgkprog

Reaction score
kharma/ souls - where do they go ? is there re birth ? what else can explain - social disparities , luck?

I used to wonder though - how come the population keeps growing ( #1 problem in 3rd world countries India esp.) - are they plant / animal souls ? do they come thru from other planets/ universes / wormholes?

My theory - if you are really bad - your soul gets split up into sub-souls that each need salvation individually - before they join and the 'original' soul gets salvation.

Souls of folks like Hitler , I'm sure got split into a few hundred souls!

JuniorD

Reaction score
No. If everyone reincarnated every time someone died, I a new body, then we would still have the same population as we did when we, the human race, started out... so probably 3 people.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I'm not exactly a believer in Reincarnation, but something has to happen to you when you die. I don't believe the whole fact that when you die, your dead and there's no more. It just doesn't make sense to me how you can live for so many years and feel life, then feel nothing for an eternity. Something has to happen.

I was watching a video, every star is actually a sun, and is huge. They are actually so far away though that we can't even see them, and I guess that they ended up seeing a bunch of rocks orbiting a far away star that looked like planets. Another galaxy? So does this mean each star has it's own galaxy? Have you seen how many stars there are! Can you imagine how many planets there ARE. Are there are life on these galaxies? Do we go to one of these galaxies when we die?

No one will ever be able to prove what happens when you die. Some people have been said to die and seen a light and been in heaven or w/e before being brought back to life... but could this just be their imagination or are they just THAT faithful and can't admit that the way they believed their whole life was incorrect?

Personally I'm just living my life now, and I'll see when the time comes, but I DEFINITELY don't believe that we don't live after we die. I don't exactly believe we'll become animals/plants when we die either though.