Removed website is still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancing4

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I removed my website.
However, I checked it today and is still there.
What's going on ?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? This is a really hard issue to troubleshoot without the website address.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Did you delete your hosting account or delete the files via Control Panel/File Manger/FTP?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Open cPanel, go to File Manager and click on "public_html" in the left column. Are there files such as dancing.htm and brazil 1.jpg in the right column?

dancing4

Reaction score
Now when I click on the "Open cPanel" button I get this info:

A website is a presence on the web − a personal blog, a forum for your community, information about your brick and mortar business, or even a home for your development project − it's yours to do whatever you'd like with. Create a website today using our easy-to-use software installer, our SiteBuilder, or by manually editing or uploading your website files.

You don't have any websites added. Create one and begin your online presence today!

Access Backups !

Add Website

So I don't have access to File Manager

lylex10h

Reaction score
Is there a change theme option at the top when log in or something like that?

dancing4

Reaction score
In upper right is "Switch Theme" button, and when I click on it
I get
"Switch cPanel Mode":

"Keep x10Hosting Basic"
"Switch to cPanelx3"

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Ther's really no need if you don't want to use the full view cPanel them (cPanelx3 gives access to more advanced tools), you can reach the filemanager from the basic theme as well, even if the site is deleted from the front (which as you have experience does not delete the actual files for the site, just how it is displayed in the control panel).

Under domains, you'll see what domains you have. At the very least you should see your main domain listed, with a link that takes you to the public_html folder by using the filemanager.

bEDpVsG.png

dancing4

Reaction score
Thank you Lylex and Anna for your help, I really appreciate it !

I did find the Domains, the /public.html/ and the individual files.
I wonder if deleting only the /public.html/ would do the trick ?
Or should I delete each of the files too ?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Deleting public_html will delete all public website content (unless you have sub-domains set to folders outside of public_html but your probably don't, not sure if cPanel even allows this and out of sub-domains to test). You can always create a new public_html folder if need be.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
do not delete the public_html folder, just the contents within it.

Yes you can create a new one, but that folder does have some special permissions which is needed for the new content to work as I assume you will upload a different site

dancing4

Reaction score
Thank you both, it works now. The website is gone.
Have nice weekend !!

Status
Not open for further replies.