replacing x10 subdomain with a yahoo domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbruin79

Reaction score
I have tried linking my yahoo domain name to my x10 subdomain and i didn't like the way it masks all my pages.

so then i tried to check the box in the x10 cpanel where it is says check if your using your own domain name. i did that waited 1 hour and all i got is the yahoo starter page.

What should i do to make it work? maybe it's a yahoo thing.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to set the name servers on the domain to x10's

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

You should be able to do this at Yahoo.

-Corey

kbruin79

Reaction score
You have to set the name servers on the domain to x10's

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

You should be able to do this at Yahoo.

-Corey

It still doesn't work

Ok here is what i have done on the yahoo side:

Type:Hostname:Name servers have been modified from default. Services may not be hosted by Yahoo!

Primaryns1.x10hosting.com
Secondaryns2.x10hosting.com
Additionalyns1.yahoo.com
Additionalyns2.yahoo.com
I am not sure what to fill in this space?

Do i need to do anything else other than change to my yahoo domain in Cpanel?

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
You'll need to add the domain as a parked or addon domain in cPanel, or change your account's main domain to your Yahoo! one via the account management panel (http://x10hosting.com/login).

You'll then need to wait round 72 hours for the domain to propogate. This usually happens within 12 hours, but it can take longer. You may also need to flush your DNS (tutorial for Windows XP).

-Luke.

kbruin79

Reaction score
It worked for a while, thanks but now I can't access my website nor my cpanel even though the server is up and the cpanel is online .
cPanel URL:http://karimsalha.com:2082

Any idea why?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site loads fine for me, try clearing your cache and temp files, then flush your dns by going into CMD and typing: ipconfig /flushdns

Then try access it again.

kbruin79

Reaction score
Your site loads fine for me, try clearing your cache and te//mp files, then flush your dns by going into CMD and typing: ipconfig /flushdns

I did clear dns browser history/cash/cookies and still doesn't work. However it does work if i connect to the internet through my phone but it doesn't through my home wireless.

I tried resetting the router just in case and still doesn't work. I am confused :(

Last edited:

kbruin79

Reaction score
Open the command prompt and run ping karimsalha.com

ok, i did that the command prompt kept rolling with consistent timing of about 120ms. Then what?

it still doesn't work :( other people can access it fine. It think it's only me.

The weird thing is that if i connect to the INTERNET using anything other than my dsl home connection i can access the site otherwise it doesn't work.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
That's where the problem is. You are trying to connect to the server at 216.39.58.201. Which isn't ours. It is a AltaVista server.

kbruin79

Reaction score
That's where the problem is. You are trying to connect to the server at 216.39.58.201. Which isn't ours. It is a AltaVista server.

I got it to work, thank you for the awesome support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.