[REQ] [100 + 100] Simple Linux / Mac testing

merrillmck

Reaction score
This is two separate but similar offers. I have a Sudoku game at the link below which runs on Windows (my OS) with .NET Framework 2.0 installed. In theory, it can run on Mac OS / Linux / Windows if those operating systems have the open source Mono Project installed.

The Mono Project is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .NET Framework. X10 actually has it running on their servers so they can host ASP.NET and other Microsoft technologies. For more, you can Google or Wikipedia it ...

I ask you, Mac or Linux user, to install Mono on your computer and run my Sudoku game from your computer. Obviously, this can be a 60 second task if you already have Mono installed. Finally, take a screenshot of my sudoku game (or the error message you get trying to run it unsuccessfully) along with enough of your desktop so I can tell which OS you're running. No reward for Windows users. :)

Again, you must install Mono before running my Sudoku program.

To run my Sudoku program, visit www.wyrbel.com below.

• First screenshot of a Mac OS and my sudoku program or the error message trying to run it with Mono installed gets 100 points.
  • First screenshot of a Linux OS and my sudoku program or the error message trying to run it with Mono installed gets 100 points.
Zero for 2nd fastest. Second is the first loser. ;) You don't need to play the game. Feel free to ask questions ...

A sample Windows screen capture is attached ...

Attachments

• windows_screenshot.jpg
    windows_screenshot.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 42

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd try the mac version if your website was up.

rebellion

Reaction score
If you need more than one mac tester, I could do it, but I dont exactly see what I have to do.

merrillmck

Reaction score
If you need more than one mac tester, I could do it, but I dont exactly see what I have to do.

I'm simply trying to see if my sudoku game at www.wyrbel.com runs or fails-to-run on a Mac and Linux machine. I don't own a Mac and I'm too lazy to setup Linux (although I will probably do that eventually just for this purpose).

In theory, a Mac or Linux machine with Mono installed can run my game. I'd be encouraged to see evidence that it actually does ...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll try it on linux. I already have mono, but I could stand to update it to their latest version first.
Edit:
I have no idea how to run a .application. Can you give us an .exe?

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
I'll try it on linux. I already have mono, but I could stand to update it to their latest version first.
Edit:
I have no idea how to run a .application. Can you give us an .exe?

I don't know how to run an .application either ... but Windows does. It should run with a simple click of the mouse button (or two clicks to trust the publisher). Screen capture what you're seeing and you're done. If you recall, I wanted either the working game - OR - or the error message you get when you try to run it.

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
Free-market economy!

It is now 200 for the first Linux snapshot and 200 for the first Mac snapshot. Same conditions as before.

zapzack

Reaction score
What mac user is going to go through the trouble to install Mono just to play a game..

sfan123

Reaction score
I dont think that you'll be able to get this program to work even though there mono in linux and it can use some of the dot.net code whoever it wont just let you run a windows program natively. It won't let you just use these kind of plugin based thing where you need the dot.net plugin that is only for windows. your best bet to make it be playable on linux and mac would justbe making it into a exe then we can run it through WINE. I attached the screen shot as well since the page dosent let me click anything on it at all.

Attachments

• sudokudoesntwork.png
    sudokudoesntwork.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 18