[REQ] Beep - 300 Credits

supajason

Reaction score
[REQ] Beep - 600 Credits

Hello everybody!

Ok i have a NSLU2 with debian on it which has an internal speaker i want to play a song/beep/melody through it but i'm finding it very hard so i'm giving you the change to help and get some credits.

Here is the command output:
Code:
Jason:~# beep --help
Usage:
beep [-f freq] [-l length] [-r reps] [-d delay] [-D delay] [-s] [-c] [-e device]
beep [Options...] [-n] [--new] [Options...] ...
beep [-h] [--help]
beep [-v] [-V] [--version]
I want it to play the song god save the queen :)

for your 600 credits i want a file called beep with :
Code:
/usr/bin/beep -e /dev/input/event0 (blah blah blah)
/usr/bin/beep -e /dev/input/event0 (blah blah blah)
and so on!
I will give 300 credits to anyone giving a GOOD try at it and also anyone that plays another song that i might like.
Also anyone finding a "program" that can convert or work some sort of magic to this is welcome.
I will be happy to test them!
Any questions?
[edit]300 to 600[edit]
Thank You supajason

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest I have no clue what your asking. Maybe, because I don't know what that is.

Edit: Well, I did take some time to take a look at it and search what it was, but I don't know how to fix your "problem". Sorry. :(

Last edited:

supajason

Reaction score
ok so its like musical notes you know c, a ,b....and so on, i have no clue about that sort of thing but what i have found is this this shows the notes to frequencies so: if i wanted a b note i would use:
/usr/bin/beep -e /dev/input/event0 -f 123.47 -l 300
the -f tells it the frequency (i.e the note) and the -l is the lenght of the note (so -l 300 is blaah or -l 600 is blaaaaaaaah)

Jordan C

Reaction score
I understand what your trying to do, but how would you do it. Like what type of file or language is it in??