Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I will give someone 2000 points to write on this truck
You Call We Haul
Bulk Removal
(make a large space in between you call and we haul)

Also I would like to know how to do this for the future so I would like a simple tutprial also.

Make sure it looks like the wording is blended with the truck so it doesnt look like someone went and put text over it on the computer, I want it to look like the text was tooken with the picture.

Thanks

Tyler

Attachments

• Chevy_Moving_Truck.jpg
    Chevy_Moving_Truck.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 53

mikel2k3

Reaction score
i did this, i know its crap and probably not what you wanted, lol.
Lemme know if you want tutorials for it...

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
No, anyone can do that.. I want it to blend and look like the text was taken with the picture.

Plus it is "Bulk Removal" not storage ;)

Thanks

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
ill take a crack at this.. any preferred font of some sort?

this is what ive got so far, a bit less obvious than mikel, but ill keep working on it

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
spartan the only real obvious prob i see is that u have the letters at a diff angle... try measure the angle of the bottom of the truck and put text at the same...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Anyone else? All the ones so far look pretty plain (meaning not blending with the truck)

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
My try,

Attachments

• truck.gif
    truck.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 44

Arucard98

Reaction score
youcallwehaul6bb.jpg

All i did, was write the text, free transform it to the right angle, then use the blur tool at 15% strength to blend the pixels a little

Cynical

Reaction score
transform it to the right angle
The angle does not need to be adjusted (the truck is parallel to the ground), just needs to be skewed.

I haven't tried skewing layers in the GIMP but I shall now try :).

Cynical

Reaction score
Eh.. this is the best I can do. I know I got the transformation right (see below), but the text isn't too great.

Here's what I did:
1) Shear (skew) the text with a y magnitude of -N degrees (N = angle from same proportional height on either end of the side we are working on, this varies because the truck is also facing out towards us).
2) Made the text (however you want), then scale it to 80% of the width (the truck is 36 degrees facing towards us, roughly 80% of 45, which would be 100% of the width).

Make sure you shear before you stretch ;).

Last edited:

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Here's my attempt. Lemme know what you think. I can send you the .psd if you want.

Chevy_Moving_Truck.png

ƒorte

Reaction score
The_Magistrate said:
Here's my attempt. Lemme know what you think. I can send you the .psd if you want.

Chevy_Moving_Truck.png

I think it's very good.. the font needs to be a little more paint-like, if you know know what I mean.
Otherwise, quite good.

Colin

Reaction score
Tyler, if you still need this I'll do it as soon as I have photoshop running on my mac.

TarinC

Reaction score
idk.. tell me if its good.
Not good with tutorials..

Added a rendered background. :D

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    39 KB · Views: 43

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
ƒorte said:
I think it's very good.. the font needs to be a little more paint-like, if you know know what I mean.
Otherwise, quite good.

I think the problem is that the image is such a low resolution. If the picture were a better quality, the lines on the text would be sharper, and therefore look more paint-like. Oh well. Any word on who did the best job? I'm sure everyone is waiting for their 2000 points.

ƒorte

Reaction score
The_Magistrate said:
I think the problem is that the image is such a low resolution. If the picture were a better quality, the lines on the text would be sharper, and therefore look more paint-like. Oh well. Any word on who did the best job? I'm sure everyone is waiting for their 2000 points.

I think yours and Cynical's are the best. (though that's a weird font Cynical..)

I wish I had access to photoshop right about now.. I could really do something with this. I have some experience with letter transformation and rotation. The GIMP isn't cooperating. lol

jensen

Reaction score
Here's my attempt. Worked around the alignment problem by using the rising function and changed the font colour so that it does not contrast the overall picture too much.

Attachments

• Chevy_Moving_Truck.gif
    Chevy_Moving_Truck.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.