Request for mass emailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumall

Reaction score
Hi,
All users on my forum allow themselves to receive emails from the admins when they sign up and furthermore they can all opt out if they let one of us know, they can let us know via 4 ways.

The mail is basically us telling them we have posted an important thread etc, it will only go to the people who the thread is relevant to.

So I am requesting permission from x10hosting to allow me and my admins to send mass emails to the people who have said they are happy with it.

Thanks,
Shiv

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's not going to happen on Free Hosting (and you'd need permission on Premium). However, you can use external services like MailChimp to send well-formatted newsletter-type emails to subscriber lists — the free (Entrepreneur) tier of service may be right up your alley (up to 2000 subscribers, up to 12000 emails per month; that means 6 mass mailings per month if you have the full 2000 subscribers).

forumall

Reaction score
That's not going to happen on Free Hosting (and you'd need permission on Premium). However, you can use external services like MailChimp to send well-formatted newsletter-type emails to subscriber lists — the free (Entrepreneur) tier of service may be right up your alley (up to 2000 subscribers, up to 12000 emails per month; that means 6 mass mailings per month if you have the full 2000 subscribers).
I believe your wrong

www.x10hosting.com/aup.php

1. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
    You must obtain x10Hosting's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to x10Hosting's reasonable satisfaction:
    • Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
    • Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
    • You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient's and x10Hosting's requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
    • The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, "You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites? and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, "If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at abuse@**yourdomain.com**".
    • You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
    • You must have a Privacy Policy posted for each domain associated with the mailing;
    • You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
    • You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO:" line of the e-mail; and
    • You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
    These policies apply to messages sent using your x10Hosting service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your x10Hosting service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.

x10Hosting may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I believe your wrong
Two items - you will not receive x10Hosting's approval for [ Bulk Commercial E-Mail ] from a free-hosting account

In the event of a dispute between you and x10Hosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP, x10Hosting's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.

and
3. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain x10Hosting's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail...

forumall

Reaction score
Two items - you will not receive x10Hosting's approval for [ Bulk Commercial E-Mail ] from a free-hosting account

and
Esselar is saying you can't have mass emails on free hosting according to the aup u can. Which is why I will wait for a reply from dead-i or a staff member to confirm.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Esselar is saying you can't have mass emails on free hosting according to the aup u can. Which is why I will wait for a reply from dead-i or a staff member to confirm.
I believe what bdistler was pointing out is that (a) staff member(s) (or other staff) of X10 can decide if it would be a violation or not depending on what it is being used on exactly, the interval, amount of users who are going to get sent the messages and all of that stuff, at least that's what I've picked up from that.

forumall

Reaction score
I believe what bdistler was pointing out is that (a) staff member(s) (or other staff) of X10 can decide if it would be a violation or not depending on what it is being used on exactly, the interval, amount of users who are going to get sent the messages and all of that stuff, at least that's what I've picked up from that.
I know, but Esselar said free hosting can't do it no matter what, he didn't say I can't because of something I haven't done yet.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Esselar is saying you can't have mass emails on free hosting according to the aup u can.
x10hosting's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) says you must have x10hosting approval
During the years that - I have had accounts with x10hosting - they never give approval for [ Bulk Commercial E-Mail ] from a free-hosting account

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not possible on Free Hosting for a number of reasons.

Secondly, Essellar is an x10Hosting representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.