Request for Unmetered Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerx14

Reaction score
This is my third attempt to get my account increased to unmetered space. I have been stuck at 512 MB since 8/11/2015. Prime and Illuminated are not being offered at this time. HELP

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Roger,

It looks like the majority of your disk space is being used in your "Census" directory, but these files aren't linked from your site. Please could you clarify this?

Thank you,

rogerx14

Reaction score
The files are unlinked because I cannot get the additional space needed to load the page files that have the links.

spacepr2

Reaction score
Roger,

The Dead-i is trying to explain that most of the files are not even hosted in the dictionary of your website. In order to request for unmetered space, all the files from your "census" dictionary should be transferred to your public_html folder where it contains your website you are hosting with x10hosting. If you transfer the files to your website I am positive they will upgrade your space no problem. As stated in the TOS, x10hosting is not for hosting files, but must be used for the purpose of a website. I am assuming Dead-i is saying is that your space on your website has more than enough room to be transferred to your domain file. If all files cannot be stored you should transferred most of it so you can request an upgrade.

rogerx14

Reaction score
All of my files were always in in the public_html directory or a subdirectory of public_html. My website was to have pages with links to the reference pdf or jpg files in the Census and similar subdirectories. I loaded the reference files first. I was only able to load a couple of the pages that contained the links to the files in the Census subdirectory and then hit the 512 MB space ceiling in early August. I could load the pages first but they would have broken links to files that would not load due to the space limit ceiling.

spacepr2

Reaction score
I see... Well, I hope a staff member will put this into consideration for your explanation. Wish you the best for the upgrade so you can progress your website!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I suppose the simple expedient of loading the pages with their corresponding files hadn't occurred to you?

rogerx14

Reaction score
I have now temporarily removed files from another directory and created enough space for the webpage files. All Census directory files are now linked. Currently, most page files have broken links until space is made available for the storage of the linked files. The website should now be understood to meet the qualifications for more space. Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Roger,

Sorry about that; I have now upgraded your account for unmetered disk space. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.