Request to increase disc space

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have used already more than 75% on my disc and I need to increase it. Is it the correct way to request it through this forum? If not, please indicate correct way.

Thank you,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Denied.

Over half your usage comes from a non working WordPress install located in /wp/, by the looks the corresponding database has been deleted as well which further indicates that it is an abandoned project. As it stands now this means the request to increase has to be denied, all files must be relevant to a working site on your account as per ToS.

I_Alexia

Reaction score
In first installation of WP, it has been located on /wp.
But I did not like this directory, so I have unintalled it and then, I have install a new WP on my subdomain, without /wp. Can you check? The project is working, it isn't abandoned.

I_Alexia

Reaction score
In first installation of WP, it has been located on /wp.
But I did not like this directory, so I have unintalled it and then, I have install a new WP on my subdomain, without /wp. Can you check? The project is working, it isn't abandoned.
You should take a look to my second database, please and then indicate me how to proceed. My place is working and it is absolutely necessary for me to increase disk space, I am without disponible space for now.
Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You still have 250mb worth of files located in /wp/, those are not used as you say you uninstalled, which means the files in that folder is considered abandoned.

The question was not weather you abandoned the project as a whole, but rather the installation in that folder. If unused you should delete that folder and clear disk usage that way. As it stands now your account have 250 mb files not used for a site.

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Ok, but I thought the bigger database is my new database, located on my subdomain without /wp.

The oldest has very few space, some in kB.
Sorry, it is new for me and I don't understand very well my following steps. Can you indicate which databaseI must delete?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Database and files are two very different things. Do NOT touch databases at all.

You want to delete the folder /wb/ from file manager (verify that you don't need any files you uploaded to /wp/wp-content first), path for that would be like: USER/domains/DOMAINNAME/public_html/wp/

This folder would represent the url "domain.x10.mx/wp" which you say you did not want to use as you did prefer having it on the base domain without trailing folder name, the files you want to use is all located in public_html directly, so ONLY delete the folder called "wp"

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Very appreciate for detailed explanation, it is done now and I recover space in my disc.

Kind regards.

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have used 502 from 512 Mb on my disk space and I need to increse it.

Thank you,

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Hi!
This time I really need to increase my disc space. Could you check, please, and advise asap?

I opened a new thread with the same issue on last monday and nobody replied to me, so I try it nos in this old thread.

Thank you,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Half your usage is a folder called "backuply", backups are of little use stored on the account, as if something happens with the account, they would be gone too.
It'd be fine to have the latest stored, but any others should be downloaded and removed.

I_Alexia

Reaction score
Hi!
I removed the previous backups, leaving only the last one, from my WP admin. As I could check after your comment, these previous backups were not removed from my files in my hosting control panel. I did it and I recovered the space on my disk. Thank you!