Resource Limit Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspssite

Reaction score
When I go to my website http://www.rspssitetools.x10.mx/forums I get the message:

[h=1]Resource Limit Hit![/h]
This site has exceeded its resource limits for the past hour, web traffic has been restricted. Limits are reset every hour, please try back shortly.

The problem with this is I have had this message for way more than one hour. The only person that has been visiting my website is me. Why is it doing this still?

rspssite

Reaction score
Bump

Please someone help. I have SMF forums installed if that's the problem.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a little better, in that there's a little more information. Sadly, that's nowhere near enough to say why the site was suspended, nor how to prevent suspensions in the future. It's difficult if not impossible to answer a technical question that isn't fully specified or reproducible. You can try the troubleshooting advice in the X10 Wiki article on high resource usage (HRU) suspensions to get more information.

It looks like the suspension notice is stuck. I've posted a message asking someone with shell access to manually remove the suspension, though you may get a quicker response if you can get ahold of someone appropriate in IRC.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's unusual for a forum alone to drag a site down... what else does rspssitetools.x10.mx do?
'Tools' would seem to imply downloads or some form of online processing like a sitemap creator, favicon generator, runescape stats scraper;)

rspssite

Reaction score
My website just has different downloads on it. Only 3 of them though, the rest just SMF. Nothing else is installed, just forums. The downloads on there just go to mediafire links. That's why I'm so confused. I haven't even used close to the amount of data/disk usage I am allowed. If this doesn't get fixed then I won't plan on upgrading to premium anymore.

rspssite

Reaction score
This place seriously gives little to no help at all. How can I rely on x10hosting? They won't even help with a simple problem.

hsoares8584

Reaction score
Just an FYI, certain modifications that are provided by SMF bog down the server. Make sure you don't have persistent connection turned on or take time to load pages on eitehr.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This place seriously gives little to no help at all. How can I rely on x10hosting? They won't even help with a simple problem.
To be fair, you're giving nothing, so why would you expect anything in return? In fact, you've been given free hosting and that help (how else was your problem fixed?).

Most of the help for the free sites is provided by volunteers like myself, and when we come across attitudes such as yours, we ask ourselves "why?" I understand you're frustrated with your technical issues, but that's no reason to take it out on the people who are actually capable of doing something about it (which is not the best strategy).

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Additionally, you waited around 6 hours from the time misson posted that he alerted us with your issue to that post where you complained about lack of help (misson posted at 3:10pm and you posted at 9:35pm, and I went in and fixed your issue at around 8:40pm). Average response times for support tickets can take up to 24-48 hours for free hosting. Due to the sheer number of tickets and the fact that 100% of our free hosting support staff are volunteers, myself included; we can't have the necessary coverage for the amount of tickets that come in to give response times similar to that of our premium hosting service, which usually has 1-2 hour ticket response times because there is a dedicated paid staff answering those tickets.

rspssite

Reaction score
My apologies. I didn't mean to let my anger get to me about this but it did. I'm sorry and thanks for the help.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Apology very much accepted. Anger can be a great motivator, but it's easy for it to get misdirected. The next time you respond in anger, make sure you're targeting what you're actually angry at (not enough people do this); it might save you a few nasty arguments.

It looks like the HRU suspension was a one-time thing. It just got stuck, perhaps making it seem like the site was continually using too many resources. There's still a chance it will happen again, so (if you've got the time) profiling the site on your own development server may be a good idea. You can monitor overall resource usage from cPanel; check the HTTP CPU, Memory and I/O Usage Statistics. This is of limited usefulness, since it can't break down usage by script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.