Restaurar la web con un backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backint2

Reaction score
Hola, lo primero muchas gracias de antemano, soy nueva en esto y no tengo mucha idea, casi todo lo que he hecho ha sido leyendo en foros y demás. El caso es que tuve un problema con mi web (wordpress) y eliminé unas plantillas desde el FTP (Porque leí por ahí que así era como se hacía), y entonces la web se me quedó en blanco y no sabía muy bien que hacer. Hice un backup después de que esto pasara pero eliminé mi instalación de wordpress y ahora me pregunto si hay algo que pueda hacer con el backup para tratar de recuperarla. Era una tienda online en wordpress con woocommerce.

Gracias!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Unfortunately we do not take automatic backups of websites on our free hosting. Perhaps you could restore the template files from a new WordPress installation?

Thank you,

backint2

Reaction score
Hi, I restored the template files to see if that worked, but it didn´t.
And then i deleted the wordpress. Thats why im asking if i can restore the webpage somehow. I have the backup file in my computer.
Thanks

miambien

Reaction score
Le hiciste backup a los archivos de wordpress o a la base de datos?

backint2

Reaction score
Hola, gracias por contestar! hice un backup desde Softaculous, no se muy bien si esto es solo un backup de wordpress o de la base de datos. Disculpa mi ignorancia no entiendo nada del tema!
Muchas gracias!!

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
They don't allow free hosting to see errors... that is why you saw a blank page. I know that can be confusing and its frustrating.

It probably would of told you that you were missing the the specific theme and all you needed to do was restore the theme you had deleted.

Only one way to find out if Softaculous has your database backup... try it.. if not, sorry for teh loss =./

Last edited:

backint2

Reaction score
Hi, im going to try and explain myself a little bit better...
I deleted some themes from the FTP because I wanted to delete them and i read that was the way
Then the webpage turn white so I tried and re-upload the themes but that didnt work
Just in case something could be done, I made a backup from Softaculous of my wordpress
After some time without knowing what to do, I thought I should start the webpage again, so i deleted wordpress from Softaculous and reinstalled it
And now I´m figuring out what to do... because maybe is there a way of restore it with the backup, but if not (which i think is the case) I´ll have to start it again. Up to here all nice, but now i have a problem with a message that appears when i try to install or update any plugin or theme that says: Download failed. Could not open handle for fopen() to /tmp/woocommerce.tmp
Also i have no idea why my wordpress is now in english, yesterday it was in spanish
Any idea on what can i do? For restore it or start it again I need help to do it
Thanks a lot for your help

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-22 a las 11.14.18.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-12-22 a las 11.13.09.png

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
If you make a backup of bad files or database, it wont be a good idea to restore as you will have the same problem.

So I don't think your backup is good.

As for that error... Maybe you ran out of hosting space?

Last edited:

backint2

Reaction score
Hi again, yes, I decided to delete the themes i were not using and also some photos to liberate space in the hosting... never should try to do it! the webpage was ok as it was
Now i have another problem... my account seem to be deleted?
anyone know whats going on?
And when i go to sign up again it doesn't allow me...
Have i do anything wrong?

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-22 a las 22.58.14.png Captura de pantalla 2014-12-22 a las 23.02.10.png

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi backint2,

This is a temporary issue with our backend systems, and we are looking into this now. Your account has not been deleted. :)

Thank you,

backint2

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your answer! I was worried thinking I may did something wrong!
As for my other question, is there any idea on how to solve the "Download failed. Could not open handle for fopen() to /tmp/woocommerce.tmp" problem in wordpress?
I have been searching on this forum and also on some other ones trying to find a solution but didnt find anything about it. I think its relate to the tmp folder but no idea on what to do
Thanks again!

miambien

Reaction score
Hola disculpa por tardarme en contestar

Veo que tu sitio en este momento no está activo pero creo que el problema fue que borraste las plantillas que no debiste. Podría solucionarse subiendo de nuevo los archivos que borraste desde FTP, siempre y cuando la base de datos esté como estaba antes.

Al momento de hacer tu respaldo con Softaculous debió salirte la opción de respaldar los archivos y la base de datos, no se si elegiste las dos opciones. Para futura referencia deberías siempre marcar las dos para poder tener un respaldo completo de tu sitio. Realmente lo más importante es la base de datos ya que los demás archivos siempre pueden sustituirse, pero lo ideal sería respaldar siempre las dos partes.

Si es muy importante el avance que ya llevabas en tu sitio podrías probar restaurar tu copia de seguridad (aunque te marque el error de antes) y volver a subir, mediante FTP, los archivos que borraste, quizás eso lo solucione.

Si no es tan importante puedes continuar con tu sitio tal como estabas antes de aparecer tu sitio como borrado.

El error que veo "Download failed....." quizás se deba a que tienes muchos archivos en tu sitio, por defecto x10Hosting solo admite 30 000 entonces podría ser que no te deja descomprimir el archivo de tus plantillas por que ya tienes demasiados archivos en tu sitio.

Espero se solucione pronto el problema de tu sitio.

Status
Not open for further replies.