Review my awesome site.

ghozt12

Reaction score
Ok, i just started so its not done yet.
Got a forum and the enter site page and a count down timer.
And a page count viewer.

http://ghoztnetwork.x10hosting.com/index.html

:hahano:
Rate it so far 1-10
10 - good
1 - bad.

Thanks so much
Really appreciated.
btw i dont know what its going to be, i was thinking of a review site??

Coonz

Reaction score
Hows it going,
One thing you could do is scale the whole layout down. As it is right now in Firefox you have to scroll over. Nothing really wrong except an inconvenience. Your forum button is rather big/choppy. By the way, do you plan on buying a domain?
"www.ghoztnetwork.org" isn't valid unless you plan on buying a domain but until then maybe not advertise a link that doesn't exist.

Not to much more to say. It's pretty open (nothing wrong with that), banner is rather large, forums need more sections, and it took a long time to load the first time. I would have hated to try to load with dial-up.

Another suggestion, if those BIG images are needed then try slicing them up.

sattwa

Reaction score
Hi, true you need to scale the whole thing a bit down and not make it look like a big bang. It makes the visitors expectations too high. Nothing wrong in it but it could be a little more subtle. Rest I can see you would have a great site.
cheers

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Just because I can't see your site because of the flash start page: 1/10

Don't use start pages! They absolutely RUIN any chance you had of getting ranked high in any search engine. Flash especially, because not everyone runs flash. How is re google bot supposed to get to your website when it can only see what's on your portal page?

sunils

Reaction score
The flash animation was good. But you should have left the door to remain open in the animation till the page is redirected to next page.

More over, you should have done something with the site resolution.

My rating :- 5

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
striking appearance, liked the opening door for Enter.
Then not a lot! You need content.

You wrote:
btw i dont know what its going to be, i was thinking of a review site??

Knowing what your site is for is step 1 - so sort that out, and it will become easier.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have two specific suggestions:

(1) I recommend that you make your images a little bit smaller so they fit to a 768 pixel width screen without making a horizontal scroll bar appear. I understand that you might have a 1024 pixel width resolution, so you might not know what we're talking about. That's what we're here for.

(2) Your forum button is rather choppy and pixelated. Try editing it or creating a new button using some image editing software to make the button more crisp and appealing.

Other than that, your site doesn't have sufficient content for me to rate it overall. You're off to a pretty decent start.

freecrm

Reaction score
completely agree with adam above

I'm viewing in 1024x768, which the majority of users will be at present. There is about 100pixels too much at the base.

1st thing that I noted was that I had to adjust my screen so that I was looking directly at it before I could see the lettering - perhaps if you put more glow around your letters.

2nd - the door shifts down and to the right when activated, which looks a bit noobish. Try to line up your pixels for this and it will look a lot better (I'm viewing in IE7).

From a SEO point of view, you have no meta tags at all - no description, keywords, page info....

Second, don't reply on your swf to fill your site. Search engines like simple stuff and your page has very little they can search for.

Try putting in site navigation links (internal or external) at the base of the page. If you don't want visitors to see them, make them color: #000 if you have to.

wjh2303

Reaction score
@freecrm: a few google searches seem to imply that the meta keywords tag just isnt worth the hassle anymore, even if the title and descritption tags are, does your experiance tell you otherwise?

freecrm

Reaction score
Nah - I'd agree with that.

I've noticed Google leaning towards search click-throughs now, as well as links out/in.