Review my design please :D

FrozenTime

Reaction score
http://www.groupcreations.com/

It's still a work in progress, but I stopped working on it since end of year = super busy, but anyways, how does the design look? It's actually the first time I made a design completely on my own. Note that the text inside the home page is just filler, and that when I make that into the actual blog, I'm going to make it more organized. Thanks in advance!

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice site
Good speed at 15kb/sec
The site looks like a scientist's blog as it lacks the web designer's hi-fi things.But that it can itself be its design.So no complaints.
Hope you are working on the site user experience improvement.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Not bad, fun style but functional. Look forward to seeing how it develops.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Glad to know it's likable :D
Currently, I'm working on making the phpbb forums more integrated (since phpbb has a stylesheet of its own, it gets difficult to make things consistent across all browsers). As you can probably tell, I'm still a novice at this, but hopefully I'm getting there xD

I guess the main challenge I'm facing is the coding. I mean, I have a bunch of great design ideas, but it'll take a long time to figure out how to make it happen. I took it upon myself to completely code the site from scratch, which I've done so far with the exception of the forums (it takes people who are fluent with coding several months, so yeah).

Thanks for the feedback ^^

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Loads quickly, which is a plus. I also like the background and layout. I think it's quite clear. One thing I would say is lose the Comic Sans flashing below the header, and it may also be good to try and break up the text on the main part of the page a bit more (with lines or something similar) so it's easier to tell the sidebars from the text, and each block of text from one another. Having titles for posts may also help with that.

Otherwise, well done! :)

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Hello,

Loads quickly, which is a plus. I also like the background and layout. I think it's quite clear. One thing I would say is lose the Comic Sans flashing below the header, and it may also be good to try and break up the text on the main part of the page a bit more (with lines or something similar) so it's easier to tell the sidebars from the text, and each block of text from one another. Having titles for posts may also help with that.

Otherwise, well done! :)

I just have the flashing Comic Sans there temporarily to to make it obvious it's still under work (but I might as well take that off consider it's already obvious :p). I'm currently trying to figure out how to separate the sidebar with a horizontal ribbon-like stripe, but I guess that's easier said than done lol. And coming up with a way to make it more organized might be a challenge too. Just have one last day of school tomorrow until I get to work on it more :D

Jennacide

Reaction score
WOW! I'm truly impressed with the simplicity yet usability of the site! Sooo easy on my eyes, which is a very important thing for me since I'm an artist LOL. Like others have mentioned already, it loads very fast, is coded well and like the other's I too am looking forward to seeing it's development ;) Great work, keep it up!