Review My New Website Design for College TV

jayuk666

Reaction score
I have been asked to design a site for the College TV Station. I designed the logo too (NCTV) and wanted a nice funky design to attract the media students. I stuck with the colleges main blue and yellow theme.

Tell me what you think :)

nctvSite2.jpg

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
The whole header, main graphic looks way to big personally. The nav doesn't really fit in the the rest of the design. Many of the graphics are blurry, but that could just be the jpg. The login section seems to big and circular, maybe some sharper edges and a little narrower with that. Its an interesting design thought, did you make all those graphics?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
the top is really good, but as i was looking at the bottom the design started getting sloppy.

`the buttons don't really tie in
`the footer looks bland and boring
`I do like the arrows
`I wish the text was a bit bigger, you have a lot of room to work with
`I have to disagree with cyclop, Im not really against the navigation, although I don't think that the "Sign up | Login | Help" header really fits in, just like the footer

this page makes a really good splash page, but have you considered how you are going to place content once they go into the site? that's one thing I find difficult after building a splash page.

jayuk666

Reaction score
The vector arrows were found on a free vector site. I wanted to get some ideas before recreating my own.

The header and footer are to match the actual Northampton College site to try to stick with a similar theme. Any ideas to spruce them up?

Yeah I need to come up with some better buttons. Any ideas?

khero22

Reaction score
good job I love so much .. I just found that too many arrows in part different direction ... good continuation.

becejac

Reaction score
It's pretty good.
You should consider replacing those black buttons with some nicer, maybe rounded.

jayuk666

Reaction score
@MODS - Please delete thread

Links Broken so Going to recreate one thread with all my updated work :)