Review my site please

greeffq

Reaction score
Hi

Your site looks very professional. I must ask, did you do the theme and css yourself?

You should consider using a html form in the "Contact" section. x10Hosting gives all the functionality you need.
There is a easy tutorial at w3schools.com using php, just replace "someone@example.com" with your email address.

Good luck

lathia.c21

Reaction score
Hey,

I did not make the website entirely on my own. I used scripts and stuff off of many free css websites (google is awesome for this)

Thanks for your comments! I will try the html contact form and see how it looks.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice Work !

Needs to be a bit more professional though, in terms of language.

Over all a good start !

learning_brain

Reaction score
I like clean designs, and this is well structured.

Menu system is simple and effective. I would always advise not using all capitals though. Upper and lowercase (or completely lowercase) looks more pro.

Looking through the code, you can tell there are a lot of templated sections in there - but that's no biggie.

One thing that bugged me was the use of multiple font types. You use a distinctive font for the logo (custom?? this is great.) but with Times New Roman as well. You then use Arial for the page default text and yet another font type for the section titles.... messy.

Use of lightbox is clean...

Your site centers around internet graphic design, yet most of the examples relate to what is technically.. fine/ graphic art. Perhaps you could have more examples of internet design, perhaps other layouts?

As for SEO, you need to at least put in a description in your head and your main content titles are using h2 instead of h1.

Your services (.linklist li{}) links with the graphic element on the left need to have more space between graphic and text.

Couldn't immediately tell where the external border is on your slideshow within the css, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Your images already have a grey pixel border, which should be enough - not sure. If you want to keep it clean, reduce... not add.

Otherwise, a really attractive effort.

lathia.c21

Reaction score
I like clean designs, and this is well structured.

Menu system is simple and effective. I would always advise not using all capitals though. Upper and lowercase (or completely lowercase) looks more pro.

Looking through the code, you can tell there are a lot of templated sections in there - but that's no biggie.

One thing that bugged me was the use of multiple font types. You use a distinctive font for the logo (custom?? this is great.) but with Times New Roman as well. You then use Arial for the page default text and yet another font type for the section titles.... messy.

Totally agree, I should fix the font issues.

Use of lightbox is clean...

Your site centers around internet graphic design, yet most of the examples relate to what is technically.. fine/ graphic art. Perhaps you could have more examples of internet design, perhaps other layouts?

As for SEO, you need to at least put in a description in your head and your main content titles are using h2 instead of h1.

Your services (.linklist li{}) links with the graphic element on the left need to have more space between graphic and text.

Couldn't immediately tell where the external border is on your slideshow within the css, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Your images already have a grey pixel border, which should be enough - not sure. If you want to keep it clean, reduce... not add.

Otherwise, a really attractive effort.

The reason i dont have much on internet graphic design is that I havent done much yet. Hopefully soon i will have more clients

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it

chessteaching48

Reaction score
My main suggestion is to use a consistent way to present yourself.
If you start with "My name is .... I design ..." then it feels rather strange to continue with a bio like "He is a .... He has .... He has made ..."

Furthermore: try to avoid that each sentence starts with "He has"

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Very good looking, great design.

However, building a website is not the same as designing one.

No search engine will ever read the words here http://chiraaglathia.x10.mx/css/images/slider-long.png, it also causes long page loading time and is wasteful. Better to use smaller background images and CSS .