Review my site? (tatomigraphics.com)

totakeke

Reaction score
Hi can someone please review my site?

http://www.tatomigraphics.com/

It uses a custom Drupal theme I made myself. I'd like some constructive criticism, any tips you'd like to share, or any improvements you think I should make.

Last edited:

WhiteOut

Reaction score
I like the logo. The effect behind the text looks cool. The only thing that I think should be changed is the ads. I think the text ad next to the banner ad looks a little weird.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't understand why did you use blue. It certainly don't mach with your background color.

Chris Z

Reaction score
I agree with leviathon, however I do like the design of it. Just...the colors don't really match. I would suggest maybe changing the background behind the divs and such to something that would match more with that blue color - I think the blue color is a great one to use, just not with the current theme.

rahulkhatri

Reaction score
the logo is cool
blue does not match
make it a little more flashy with creative things

dhruv227

Reaction score
I liked your logo quite a lot but however it lacks some spice. Don;t know the reason but i don't like the placement and color of the advertisements ( text ). However using the NavBar is a great experience. As rahulkhatri has said your site should be a little more flashy and truly speaking your site and it's content even with many pros it looks a bit dull. Your site is not really convincing.

Overall Rating : 6/10

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Nice design overall. The look is good and is reasonably easy to navigate.

You might consider moving the "Recent Updates" list to a different tab so you can put more graphics, examples, et c. on the home page.

It would also be nice if the tab which the user is viewing showed in a different color to help stay oriented while navigating the site.

Cheers,

totakeke

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I must admit that I am addicted to the color blue; it always seems to find its way into my designs, even if it doesn't fit. Sometimes it's necessary for intervention from outside forces to make me snap out of it. :lol:

I'm not sure how I will go about fixing this though. I can modify the logo to have more blue in it, but then is that really enough? I am also thinking of modifying the page background itself. Blah, I think I will just redesign the whole thing.

I will definitely be following that last suggestion, RRJJMM, as well as the other suggestions about the text ad.

As for the comments about it not being "flashy" or "convincing" enough, I will take that into account as I think about how I will redesign the look.

speaking your site and it's content even with many pros it looks a bit dull.
So you think my content is dull? Do you mean the graphics themselves? If so, then I hope to prove you wrong! As I have yet to post on the website any of the MySpace layouts I have made. Check some out:
http://www.myspace.com/seishundesigns
http://www.myspace.com/valencia_in_cali

I just haven't had time to post those on the website yet as I haven't had time.

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Good site! I thought the effect looked a little 'bitty'. For example the left side menu, graphics, and the boxes underneath are different sizes, are a bit jagged. If they were contained in equal size boxes, not determined by the number of letters in the box, you would have a better looking site. Then consider how to align some of the other areas . I think it would look much better.

modlovecat

Reaction score
I agree with everything said. I love the layout and the logo and all that, but am against the blue font.