Review my site's design ^____^

kirtik

Reaction score
So, yeh, this is my personal site. http://rikkit.co.uk

I'm using quite a simple design; three rows in a table, and the colours/background/fonts etc are fully CSS'd. I change the design occasionally, so I'm going to put the style changing buttons (by the head banner) in the menu bar... the header image is on a rotation script (refresh and you get a different image), and there is also a simple php/text counter at the bottom.

Basically, the reason I'm posting here is to ask whether you can all display it correcty and whether it's easy to navigate around or not. :)

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it was made in Dreamweaver. ^_^

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Well your home page layout seems to be cluttered when viewed in IE.
The layout of blog is ok.
It would be nice if you could follow a single theme for both the main site and blogs.

teclanka

Reaction score
Hi!

Yes! It's quite simple design! You can do much with dreamweaver than this! Good luck for your learning & next design!

bye!

jjwinter

Reaction score
I like it very cool... the black font on the green is hard to read on my screen. My monitor is not the brightest anyways though. It all displayed properly on my xp sp3 with firefox 2 system.

Also you header images for your site and blog are very cool. I like your blog, if you want to exchange blogroll links with my blog stateofaffairs.info you should PM so we can do that!

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
its simple. the content box is too bright compared to the rest of the layout. this will literally BURN your user's eyes.

kkenny

Reaction score
If you made it with dreamweaver, you should have checked out the outcome on all the browsers. good design overall though/

kirtik

Reaction score
I did check it with IE, Safari and Firefox. They both look how they're meant to. :/

@tittat: Not with my IE... could you post a screenshot?
@JuniorD: Hmm. This is why I put the style changer in. (by the header)

Thanks to everyone for their comments. ^__^

BritAngel

Reaction score
Simple but ok, although i recommend you to use white color instead of black, after a while, the sight gets tired with this combination. Also all your text is centered and this also makes difficult to read it. And i think your site will look much better if you use the same logo on all your pages.

kirtik

Reaction score
Simple but ok, although i recommend you to use white color instead of black, after a while, the sight gets tired with this combination. Also all your text is centered and this also makes difficult to read it. And i think your site will look much better if you use the same logo on all your pages.
A whiter style is in the works :)
Also, the logo is on a rotation script. I put this in because people complained the header image was too boring... :/
The text centred thing... hmm. To me, it just looks neater this way.

chappill

Reaction score
I like it but the way to send e-mails is risky because people can find your e-mail address and spam you, try making a simple php contact form, I had one on my old site but it's down at the moment.
The rest of it looks mint though, keep up the good work.

kirtik

Reaction score
I like it but the way to send e-mails is risky because people can find your e-mail address and spam you, try making a simple php contact form, I had one on my old site but it's down at the moment.
The rest of it looks mint though, keep up the good work.
The email address mean nothing to me. They're not my real ones ^_^ Thanks for the comment.

relisys

Reaction score
try and spread you link across you top bar from left to right!,

you have a nice template so try and widen your box further it just looks a bit squashed

kirtik

Reaction score
Okay, the site has been completely redesigned with CSS. It should look the same on all browsers. There is also a contact form, custom 404 page, every page now uses includes, and I think they are also all XHTML 1.0 trans compliant.

So review my site again please :)

Last edited:

modulus

Reaction score
looks ok, but when you said it was pretty simple you meant extremely, there isnt really much to comment on, perhaps skin you blog to look simular ?

kirtik

Reaction score
looks ok, but when you said it was pretty simple you meant extremely, there isnt really much to comment on, perhaps skin you blog to look simular ?
:/ Simple doesn't mean it's not good. You didn't really suggest any improvemets, did you? ):

As for the blog, that's happening soon.

Sohail

Reaction score
Your design is okay, i know you need a lot more content though. I like the background but the problem with it for me is that because of the colours, it looks a bit like it's flashing. I would give it a 4/10.