Review my website - magician listings

hermitobserver

Reaction score
Very Nice. I'm jealous, well I would be if iI wanted a magician site. I don't see the reson for the domain name to be wands online if its about parties.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's pretty simple but nothing special. I would recommend some graphic enhancements like smooth gradients or crystal effects, but if you are not a pro web designer this is really nice.

dyreplus

Reaction score
Simple, but very good.

Small tips:
"Welcome to Wand Online!" text on the main page... consider aligning it left and maybe making it one size smaller to put focus on the "Start Browsing Magicians" ... if you want more focus on the Welcome, change the font to match the fancy font used elsewhere and make the Start Browsing smaller.

Make the design fluid. Your layout is simple enough that it should be easy to do. (A fluid design adjusts itself to the user's browser width so that users with larger displays don't see your page as a tiny column down the page or users with smaller displays don't have horizontal scrolling.) If you need help with this, you can message me. :D

Organize the pages with a lot of info with obvious headers and subheaders to divide information in a more accessible way.

Spell/grammar check your pages (Party planning guide has a missing space between "successful" and "birthday" in the first sentence.)

Hope this helps :D

frankfriend

Reaction score
Initially attractive site. You'll need to be able to vet the magicians who are going to get into people's houses around children.

Why is the central area so narrow, with such wide borders - you could get greater usability by niot having to scroll down.

The three choices in the top left box all go to the same page - a trifle confusing.

Add wider info about magic, and links to others. Add interest items like this. Small simple tricks for your visitors. You could carry ads / affiliations with magic companies, publishers & shows etc.

Make the site special, after all it is about magic.

No sparkle yet. it looks a little like a free greetings card site. That's a little sharp
You have a great idea - so weave a spell!